Skip to main content

Baby Bear is 19 Months Old!

I've missed a lot of updates for my little rainbow guy.  Sorry Davis.  I love you just as much as your brother and sister, you just keep me busy! 

Doctor's stats from 15 month check up:

Weight 26lbs 9oz (90th %)
Height 31 1/2 inches (50th %)

Doctor's stats from 18 month check up:

Weight 28lbs 6oz (94th %)
Height 33 inches (70th %)




The basics?

Diapers - Size 5
Clothing - 24 month or 2T
Food - anything and everything
Sleeping - through the night and then some
Teeth - 16 teeth
Words - too many to really list
Favorite toy - anything he's not supposed to have

Well my little guy is 19 months old now.  I can't believe I skipped the 15 and 18 month update posts but we are a busy family these days.  So, here's an update all about Davis.


He's a great sleeper now, especially as we've adjusted to a new routine with both kids in school.  He goes to bed around 8 and typically sleeps until 7 or 8, unless the kids are loud and wake him up before that.  He rarely wakes in the middle of the night, usually only when he's not feeling well.  He had a bad cold a few weeks back that gave us some pretty bad nights.  Otherwise, he's great! 

He typically takes one longer nap, which used to be from 1 to 3 but has now been pushed up to 12 to 2.  He went through a little phase of not wanting to be rocked to sleep but that seems to be over now.  I like to rock him to sleep for nap time, unless he falls asleep in the car on the way home from picking up Bryan from preschool.  Nighttime routine doesn't usually involve rocking him to sleep unless he's extra fussy.

He still eats pretty much anything.  He doesn't usually eat a whole lot at one time but would much rather pick throughout the day.  He eats a pretty solid breakfast, lunch and dinner, just doesn't eat much of it at once.  There isn't much he won't eat these days.  He's stopped getting milk before bed a few months back.  He just didn't take it one night and we haven't really looked back since.  This was a habit I had a heard time breaking with both of the other kids.  He's definitely been my easiest transition baby with everything.

Kid doesn't walk anymore, he runs. But he's still in that cute toddle stage. He also likes to jump and dance.  His favorite song is the gummy bear song.  It's so annoying but it's also so cute to watch him smile and dance when it plays.

He's saying a lot more words now.  His favorite work is cookie!  If someone has fruit snacks, he says nack and follows them around until he gets some!  The pediatrician was surprised but how many words he can say.  He is starting to listen more now.  He will go and get a diaper if I ask him to or throw something in the trash.  I love to watch him learn.  He listens better than his siblings sometimes.

He really likes to throw tantrums.  I can't help but laugh at him sometimes because his tantrums always consist of him throwing his pacifier, giving me a pouty face and then burying his head into the floor.  It's especially funny when he does it in the middle of the grocery store.

Let me tell you about this kid's cuddles and hugs.  It took him a while to really start hugging but now that he does, oh my goodness it's adorable!  Every morning when I get him out of his crib, he just lays his head on my shoulder and cuddles with me for a bit.  It's something I look forward to every morning.  He gives kisses but you really have to work for them sometimes.

He still prefers me over anyone else, unless daddy is home.  He's still not a big fan of other people but he will literally run to any man he sees.  His siblings were so weary of men for the first year and a half of their lives and he's the complete opposite.  He does like Nana's house and we can actually leave him there without him crying now.

19 months old already!  Where does the time go?

Pictures of my baby bear








Oh my sweet little rainbow,



I'm not sure where I would be without you.  You have been such a joy for the past 19 months.  I have absolutely loved watching you explore and learn these past few months.  You are really becoming your own little person and I love seeing your personality develop.

You are such a little daredevil!  You are always climbing and getting into things you aren't supposed to be getting into.  If mommy didn't laugh at you, she'd go insane!  You really like to take the baby gate down and climb the stairs when I'm not looking. 

You still love your puppies and cuddle with them all of the time.  I think they like it but I think they like when you drop food more.  You're always feeding your food to the dogs.

You have become such a good cuddler.  You're always coming to find me to get a quick hug or sit in my lap.  I soak it up as much as I can.  I'll take all the hugs and kisses I can get.  And when you say 'I love you' it's the cutest thing ever!

Your siblings have been playing with you more and more now.  I love to watch them make you laugh.  And they are so proud to introduce you to people.  'This is my baby brother, baby Davis!'  Sorry buddy, but I think you will always be baby Davis to them.

You have filled our hearts with so much love these past 19 months and we really can't imagine our lives without you my sweet little rainbow.

Happy 19 months baby bear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse