Skip to main content

Life Lately

Well I've dropped the ball on my blog yet again.  I really want to do more blogging this year but there just aren't enough hours in the day.  So, here's a little update about what's going on in our lives so far this year.

--Ashlyn turned 7 in December.  7 going on 17.  I'm in trouble with her.  She's got the eye roll down and really likes to question just about everything.  Her sass is no match for her kindness, though.  She's the sweetest kid I know, has the biggest heart and really does a great job of helping me out with whatever I need.

She's still doing very well in school.  She excels in math and is in the math enrichment program in her school again this year.  I just love her love of learning.

She finally asked to get her ears pierced!  I have nothing against people who pierce their baby's ears, but we always said we would wait until she was old enough to make the decision for herself and could take of the healing herself.  She finally asked and I took her last week.  She did so well and now she rocks an adorable pair of pink, sparkly heart earrings.




--Bryan is still my trouble child.  His energy is wild and can only be compared to that of a feral cat.  Get too close and he will most likely attack.  It's so much fun.  But honestly, he really is very sweet and he still likes to cuddle the most out of all of the kids.

We found out he wasn't doing as well at school as he was telling us.  In fact, it was just the opposite.  He's very high energy and has very little self control and it was really affecting him at school.  We buckled down, took TV time away, took his blanket away, took his favorite toys away.  The teacher started sending home behavior charts so we could see how he was doing each day.  He's been slowly earning things back.  He still has work to do but we have made so much progress in just the past two weeks alone.  Now we just have to keep it going through the summer so he doesn't revert.

He will also miss at least a week of school in April when he has to get his tonsils and adenoids removed.  We realized after his last bought of pneumonia that his tonsils were still quite swollen.  The ENT rates tonsils on a scale of 1-4 and he was a 3-4 so they have to go.  We are really hoping that by having them removed, he won't get sick as often and he will sleep better.  He still wakes up almost every night and comes into our bed.

--Davis will be 3 in just a few short weeks.  I'm in a bit of shock that he will be 3 already.  He just still seems like such a baby to me but he is far from it.  He's a small person and he lets us know it every single day.

He's finally started to shy away from Blippi (thankfully) but now he likes to watch the same kind of crap the older kids watch.  The Axel Show is one of his favorites and I can't stand it!  He also really likes Paw Patrol now but the kids don't really watch much TV anymore so it's not too bad.

--Life has been busy as always.  I've been dealing with a major bought of depression and anxiety.  It hit me like a freight train and I've been trying to dig my way out for months now.  I'm getting there, slowly, but surely.  This isn't something I openly share on Instagram or Facebook but I might put a blog post together.

We are really trying to get ourselves on track with our diet.  We have a really good week and then blow it on the weekends most times.  We really just need to commit and stick with it.  I mean Davis is almost 3 so I can't really call it baby weight anymore.  And my husband, despite going to the gym every day for the past year, just can't seem to lose any weight.  It's time to really buckle down.

--March has been a busy month and April looks just as busy.  I feel like February was the longest month ever and March just flew by.  While I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather, I'm not looking forward to the upcoming season.  It's always very busy for my husband and we don't get to see him very much.  I am looking forward to being able to sit out on the patio after the kids go to bed, drinks in hand, watching our fish swim around the pond.  I absolutely love my fish.

So that's our life lately.  What are you looking forward to in the upcoming months?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse