Skip to main content

What's In A Name?

I always have tons of baby names swirling around in my head.  I write them down on random pieces of paper that get scattered throughout my office or home.  So now I'm writing them here.  All of the names that I love for this next baby.

I didn't reveal Ashlyn's name until she was born.  I didn't want to hear any opinions on the name we had chosen for her.  You know how people get.  Oh well I know an Ashlyn and she's a character.  Oh well I know three Ashlyn's so that name isn't as unique as you think.  Ashlyn?  What kind of a name is that?

Yea....wasn't having it.

I don't really care this time, though.  I feel like I'm a little more laid back this time around.  I feel like the hormones aren't making me quite as crazy as they did last time.  So here are a few names that I have picked out so far.  I'll add to this list and re-post as I come up with more names.

Girls Names:

Brenlyn Grace  (love, love, love this name...husband hates it)
Ellee Monroe
Callie Ann  (or Caleigh)  (this is the only one my husband doesn't hate)
Carlyn Drew
Lucy Ann

Boys Names:

Bryan Paul Jr  (husband wants a Jr, I don't)
Garron James (or Paul)
Brennan Alan
Carlin Paul
Kellan James

As you can see, I like different names.  I don't want a typical name.  Even though we hear the name Ashlyn more and more, it still isn't a typical name.  I just like unique names. 

What's your favorite one?

PS: I probably won't reveal the chosen name until this baby is born too

The Life Of Faith

Comments

  1. Aw, I like Lucy - Ashlyn and Lucy :) And boy, I vote Brennan, but I like all your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally wish I hadn't revealed my baby names for the twins. I was going to name Bree- Emersyn and call her Emme but then my mom was all- Emersyn that's a cheap brand of electronics. My husband didn't like the name either but since I was having twins we didn't have to compromise since we could each name one his opinion didn't count. Now every time I see Emersyn writhed down I get a little regretful that I let people sway what I wanted. On to my favorites- I like Ellee Monroe and Kellan james :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore brenlyn! I'm all about uncommon baby names too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Callie and Lucy are my favorites for girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, You know I'm partial to Ellee and Grace!! :)
    I also love the name Holland for a girl, but Dev didn't and I wish I had fought harder for it. So don't give up too easily if you really love a name! Those are all great names though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same as you! We are keeping our baby girl's name a secret until she's born! I don't want anyone's opinion to sway me you know? Loving your blog btw! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches