Skip to main content

Speak to Me

Day 29:  Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories.


TLC - Waterfalls
 
 
Yes I know this is an odd choice but there is a story here.  This song was released in 1995.  My husband and I met in 1995.  Yes, we were quite young and what did youngsters have to talk about back then?  Music.  Somehow we go on the subject of this video and about how cool we both thought it was.  That's how our story begins.

Sarah McLachlan - I Love You
 
 
This is our wedding song.  We had both loved this song long before it became our wedding song but once we finally decided to get married, we both knew without a doubt that this was our song.
 
 
Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill - How Great Thou Art
 
 
Regardless of what this song means, if you are not completely moved by this, there is something seriously wrong with you.  I could listen to this over and over again.
 
 
Pearl Jam - Just Breath
 

I'm not really sure why I love this song so much. I think maybe because the point behind it is for us to be grateful for the ones we have and to be grateful for the time we have.
 
 
Zach Sobiech - Clouds
 
 
I'm not trying to be cliche or anything but this kid is so inspirational.  The song is cute but that doesn't matter.  It's amazing because it was his way of saying goodbye to his friends and family.  He shared it with the world.  I can only hope to have and ounce of the courage he had.


Comments

  1. A lot of people posted How Great Thou Art. Such a great song, and I love Carrie Underwood's version of it! Also, I just watched the 20 minute documentary (I guess that's what one would call it?) about Zach Sobiech - I hadn't heard of the song clouds prior to it, and I cried ugly tears. You're right, he's so inspirational and Clouds is such a heartbreaking, but wonderful song.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard Waterfalls yesterday. I hadn't heard it in ages before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Carrie Underwood's version of How Great Thou Art.

    Mel
    http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches