Skip to main content

27 Week Bumpdate

 
Well I'm officially in my 7th month and third trimester and my doctor's appointments will be bi-weekly.  I can't believe that we will meet our little man in three months!!
 
The heart rate today was 140 and all is well.
 
The little man is kicking a whole lot more than his sister ever did.  That or I'm just smaller so I'm feeling it more.  I mean, the kid never stops.  It's nice to feel his kicks but it's also extremely uncomfortable at times.

I'm now up 13 pounds.  I feel like I am huge now but the doctor says 13 pounds at almost 28 weeks is really good.  That made me feel better because I was worried. 

My symptoms are pretty much the same.  I haven't had any Braxton Hicks since last month so that's good.  Really the only thing that has gotten worse is my sleeping.  I wake up a few times throughout the night just to toss and turn or to pee.

My ankles swell pretty much every day now but I still have less swelling than I did the first time.  I was outside all evening this past Saturday for my birthday and it was hot and humid!  I found that the more I walked around the more my ankles stayed calm.  But sitting at work all day makes them swell.  Oh well.

We did find out that little man is definitely a little man.  He wasn't very cooperative at our 3D ultrasound so we didn't get very many pictures of him.  I go back for a free re-scan on Father's Day!



My baby shower is scheduled for July 21st.  My Mom decided that she is just going to have it at a local restaurant.  It's just easier that way.  I can't wait!


Next Bumpdate in two weeks!
 

Comments

  1. Yay for another ultrasound and being in the third trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going so fast, I can't believe you will soon be 4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! I had my doc appt tomorrow too! I'm one week behind you and up about 16lbs. EEK.

    Welcome (or not) third trimester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,...

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purcha...

Serious Daycare Advice Needed!!!

Ok now I am looking for some serious advice.  If you've read some of my earlier posts, you will know that I'm not a big fan of daycare.  I really hate leaving my Baby Girl with people I don't really know all day long.  Now we know the woman who takes care of Baby Girl for the most part which really helps and was the deciding factor in her going to that particular daycare. The problem I am now having is that there have been 3 or 4 times when I have picked Baby Girl up from daycare and she has had a bad fever.  I'm not talking a little 99 degree fever.  I'm talking you could fry an egg on the palm of her hand 102 degree fever.  It happened again last night.  When I got there, the afternoon lady was holding her and as soon as I took her, I could feel the heat radiating off of her.  When I got her home, her temperature was 102.9.  This is not they kind of temperature you play around with.  Since Baby Girl has been prone to fevers for s...