Skip to main content

Avery

Have we all heard about this little girl Avery who was diagnosed with SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) and has recently died?  Any time I hear any news regarding an infant, I'm immediately paying attention.  This story is ridiculously sad.  This little girl is so beautiful and her parents are being so strong!

Avery Canahuati 11/11/11 - 04/30/12

Ashlyn and Avery are about a month apart so this really hits home for me.  I can't even imagine my life without Ashlyn.  I can't imagine not waking up to her smiles every morning or giving her a bath every night.  I can't imagine not hearing that belly laugh when I tickle her neck or watching her slowing drift to sleep after she's played herself out.  I can't imagine her not squishing her cheek up against mine when I hold her or her not kicking her little feet when I put her down.

I don't know how I would handle losing my little girl.  I would probably be a gigantic mess.  I don't know how these parents are able to cope right now.  They seem so strong.

Avery created a 'bucket list' of all of the things she wanted to do before she died.  It's a long list!  But there are some amazing things on that list that she was able to do in her short time here.

One of the items on Avery's bucket list is "Be an inspiration to others".  Not only has she been an inspiration in her short time here, she will continue to be an inspiration for a long time to come.  She has inspired me to think about my baby girl and how grateful I am to have her.  She has inspired me to be more patient with my little girl and to appreciate every second I have with her because my time with her may be limited.  She has inspired me to pay more attention and really notice all of the wonderful things that my little girl does every day.  She may have even inspired me to create a bucket list of my own for Ashlyn.

Please take some time out of your busy day to read about this little angel:  Avery's Blog and please take some time out of your busy day to appreciate your children because they are our angels and we would be lost without them.

What kinds of things would you put on your baby's bucket list?

An excerpt from one of the most recent Avery Can blog posts:

"An anonymous donor will match every dollar donated up to $500,000 to help bring Dr. Kaspar's SMA Gene Therapy program out of the lab and into her SMA friends. Dr. Kaspar's SMA Gene Therapy could cure Avery's friends or at the very least offer advancements towards a cure for them.


Once that goal has been achieved, Avery asks that all future monetary donations be made in her name to Fight SMA (www.fightsma.org)."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches