Skip to main content

How Do I Do This?

Does anyone even read this blog anymore?  I started this thing out as a way to document my pregnancy.  A way to let all my friends know everything that was happening without having to text them all or email them all or message them all on Facebook.

It has become 'my place' - the place I go to share my frustrations, my dreams, my hopes and still share everything there is to share about Baby Girl.  I don't write posts for anyone other than myself.  But I think I'd like to.  I kind of want to have more than 2 followers.  I kind of want people to leave me comments on how great they thought my post was for the day.  I kind of want people to tell me that the Pampers commercial makes them cry too.

But how?  I follow all of these blogs that have have professional graphics and nice ads and giveaways.  How does all of this work?  How do you become a 'professional blogger'?  Is that even a profession?

I think it would be fun.  I could sit here all day long and just write...about anything.  I have a kid now so I pretty much have unlimited topics.  With how much I post now, could you imagine if I didn't work a full time job? 

I know it sounds strange but I actually get pretty excited at the thought of staying home and witting blogs all day.  I could write about the plastic bibs I just bought for Baby Girl as we begin to experiment with baby foods.  I could write about the differences between store-bought baby food and home-made baby food.  I could write about how I made a mistake asking for the adorable car seat/stroller combo just because it was cute because now I have to spend another $150 for a bigger car set.  The sky is the limit here people. 

How cool would it be to have readers from all over the country?  I follow tons of Mommy blogs, many of them from down South.  I also follow a few bloggers in Minnesota.  And I have a few from Australia!  Could that be me?  Could someone from Australia read my blog?  How cool would that be?

I have a lot of these little thoughts running around in my head.  Seriously, I wanted to buy something mommy-and-me-ish for Ashlyn and I to wear on Mother's Day and when I googled Mommy and baby outfits, I hardly got anything.  So then I was like, well maybe I should open a store that sells Mommy/Daddy and baby matching clothes because there have to be more crazy Moms out there who want shit like that! 

Maybe my brain has just been turned to mush since Baby Girl came.  Maybe I should just be happy that I have a full time job because oh so many people don't.  Or maybe I should seriously consider it.

I think my posts are pretty good.  They are always raw and real and they hardly ever have grammar mistakes.  Do I need to change the name?  Isn't it catchy enough?  (BTW, if you didn't already know, the name is based on Twilight.  How many of you can tell me what exactly that means?)  Do I need to get a sponsor?  Millers Landscaping can sponsor me!  How do I do giveaways?  How do I actually reach people? 

How do I do this?

Comments

  1. Holy crap you have a lot of questions! :) I just want you to know I read every blog you post, even tho I don't post comments that much. I'm sure if you do enough research you'll figure out how to become a professional blogger! I have no idea how it works. I imagine you make money by getting sponsors on your blog? Where there's a will there's a way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You read my blog posts because your name is mentioned in a lot of them!

      Delete
  2. Lol ok first....thank you for saying I am so awesome:) But seriously I only tell you these things about yourself because they are true! Second just so you know I read all your blogs too, I just don't comment either lol. But I do enjoy reading it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. You're welcome :)

      2. And this is why I love you: "But seriously I only tell you these things about yourself because they are true!"

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches