Skip to main content

5 Months!

Has it really been 3 weeks since I posted any kind of an update on Baby Girl?  Well, it's time.  And this is the perfect time because my little girl is 5 months old!  I can't even believe I am saying that.  I can't believe how quickly the time just flies by.

I will have to come up with some kind of format for these updates like I did while I was pregnant.  Favorite food, favorite toy, favorite color....that kind of thing.  What kinds of favorites can I really list for a 5 month old?  I'll just write this post and then go back and maybe pull some things out of it.  Here goes...

What a little wiggler she is!  She wiggles all of the time.  Instead of rolling over or doing anything she is supposed to do at 5 months, she wiggles.  She lays on her play mat and wiggles around until she gets to the toy she wants.  It's amazing how quickly she moves around when she wiggles.  She is beginning to show signs of rolling over too.  She actually does roll over, she just can't get her arm out from underneath herself when she does it! 

Speaking of toys, how do you keep them all sanitized?  She puts everything in her mouth!  She is chewing on EVERYTHING!  I don't feel any little teeth in there yet but her chewing and drooling would suggest otherwise! 

I have to clip her little fingernails and toenails at least once a week.  They grow like nothing I've ever seen before and she scratches herself constantly.  I told my husband that I'm going to paint her toenails one night in her sleep.  There isn't much point in painting her fingernails because she will probably chew all the polish off.  But we can work with toenails!

She has the most lethal death grip I've ever encountered, especially when it comes to my hair!  When I was 7 months pregnant, my best friend and I went to get our hair cut and the lady told me that most Moms come back after the baby to chop the hair off because the kids just grab it.  While that is true, I'm not chopping.  I just can't. 

Boy does she yell talk!  She still doesn't say much...just random sounds.  I have heard a 'ba' every now and then and she makes a funny noise that almost sounds like she is saying 'hi' but no real words yet.  She also gargles a lot.  It's actually really cute.  The hubby and I are betting on what she will say first.  Of course I'm betting on 'ma ma' or 'hi'. 

There is nothing more sweet than that little girl's smile and laugh.  I still laugh EVERY TIME she does.  I can't help it.  It's the cutest thing I've ever heard.  And when I walk into a room and she smiles real big, OMG it is ridiculous.

She still holds her head up really well. It's so much easier to get things done when I can sling the baby on my hip and have a free hand!  I don't usually have to do that, though, because she is usually pretty content on her play mat or chair.  She also sits on the couch pretty well as long as you prop her in a corner. If she's laying down, she's latched onto her feet. It's inevitable. She loves her feet.

I'm still thinking she has an allergy of some kind.  We put a humidifier in her room and that is helping a TON.  I'm also trying to keep the animals out of her room and clean her room twice a week to get the dust, pet dander and hair out of there.  I thought it was helping because her nose didn't seem to be as stuffy/runny.  Not so sure, though, because she sounds worse again.

We had been using 0+ slow nipples with her and we switched them to 4+ medium because it was taking too long to feed her.  Yea, we switched back.  It was like having a newborn all over again.  She was spitting up all of the time!  We got over that stage.  We don't want to revisit!

I just got done buying her 6 month clothing and it already seems like she is growing out of them!  She is so long!  I packed away all of her 3 month clothing and bought all spring and summer clothes for her, and then the weather turned cold!  So now I need to get her a few long sleeved things to hold us over until the weather gets warmer.  I just wish she would stick to one size for longer than a month!  Soon time to put the 9 month clothes on her long butt!  Might also be time to buy size 3 diapers!

Little BIG girl has started eating some baby foods too.  So far, her favorite is sweet potatoes.  We tried rice cereal but she doesn't really seem to like that.  Auntie Marty says it's because it tastes like cardboard.  I wouldn't eat that either.  So we are experimenting.  She seems to like sweet potatoes and carrots so far.  I haven't tried anything green yet.

She still sleeps like a little rock.  We had one rough week when she woke up at 3 am or 4 am every day but I'm assuming that was a growth spurt.  Now, she goes to bed around 9:30 and sleeps until 7!  Daddy gets dissapointed when she sleeps until 7 because he doesn't get as much time with her in the morning as he used to. 

Pictures of my Baby Girl:


Look at how long she is!





I love this picture but she looks too 'grown up'!




Oh my sweet little angel, I can't believe you are 5 months old! It seems like yesterday that Daddy and I were bringing you home for the first time, not knowing what to do! Now everything seems like such a routine. You have been nothing but an amazing little baby for us and we could not be happier.

You are so beautiful and you change every day.  It's amazing to look at your newborn picture and to look at you now and see the transformation that is taking place.



Every time you smile, I smile.  I can't help it.  Your smiles really are contagious.  Your laugh is always so fun too.  It has been my mission to make you laugh as much as possible because it always puts me in a better mood.  If I could record your laugh and play it over and over all day long, I would.

You still have those big blue eyes and that dark brown head of hair.  It's just growing longer and longer and Mommy loves to put bows and headbands in your hair.  At 5 months, you are beginning to outgrow some of your 6 month clothing.  I can't believe how big you are already getting! 

While you sit in your vibrating chair once in a while, your favorite place to be has been your play mat.  You love to lay on your mat and play with all of the toys, wiggling until you get under the one you want. 

You are making more and more noises and I know it will only be a matter of time until one of those noises turns into a word.  I'm betting your first word will be Hi.

You are so loved by Daddy and I.  We can't even begin to tell you how special you are.  I really think your Nan and Gran enjoy seeing you every day.  They shower you with love and attention and are happy to do so.

The past 5 months have been nothing but amazing. I am so lucky that I get to wake up every morning to your smiling face.  I'm still working on that sign for your room that says "So many of my smiles begin with you" but I promise I will make it.  You are teaching us so much and we are having so much fun learning from you! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and we can't imagine our lives without you!

My BEAUTIFUL 5 month old Baby Girl!

Daycare is still just ok. She has been there for about 6 weeks now and it hasn't been any easier for me to let her go each morning. She looks up at me with those big blue eyes and smiles and that's the end for me.  I think we are going to try to either drop her to part time or take her out completely. There is nothing wrong with the daycare we chose. It's a nice facility, nice people and we know the woman taking care of her. We just don't like it.

We have to create our goal and then do everything in our power to make that goal happen.  There are a lot of 'what ifs' when it comes to being a SAHM.  But I know that I am being less productive at work because all I do is think about Baby Girl.  Bryan is also thinking of possibly dropping the business and working a more steady full time job.  I will keep everyone posted on our next steps. 

I think I have caught up on all of the holidays/events/updates.  I have so many ideas running through my head though so don't be surprised if you see a lot more blog posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches