Skip to main content

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is just around the corner.  Since this is my first 'official' Mother's Day, I thought I'd share some of the gifts that I might like to see in hopes that other husbands out there might see something special for their amazing wives.  Let's face it guys, us Mommies are pretty dam awesome and we deserve something nice on Mother's Day!

You could so go with the classic jewelry gifts like the Pandora bracelets or the Mother/Child necklaces that all of the jewelry stores sell. You could go with flowers and a card. You could go with perfume or a spa day. While these ideas are all good, they are also all typical. Try to do something different for Mom this year!


Idea from Redenvelope.com:

I'm loving this necklace!!  It's engraved with your child's name and birth date, if you choose, and has their birthstone.  The best part about it is that you can always go back and buy more pendants if you have more children.  Use this code: SGIFTS20 :to receive 20% off your order!

Idea from Etsy.com:

I can't even begin to describe my love for hand stamped jewelry.  I think it is so cute and so unique.  I LOVE this necklace!!  Baby's name, birth date and birthstone.  It's just too adorable.  I love the Singapore chain and the gift box is included!  I love Etsy!

Idea from Etsy.com:

I am in love with this bracelet.  I LOVE pink.  It's my favorite color and everything Ashlyn has is pink.  Now, this bracelet is supposed to be for the child but I want it!  I would want her name on this bracelet with the heart charm instead of the cross.  This is something that I could give to her when she is older.

Idea from Kay.com:

This is probably not something I would actually expect my husband to buy because it is a bit expensive but I do love it.  I'm not a fan of gold but the rose gold has a pink tint to it.  The  figure-eights can be called 'infinite love' and who doesn't love diamonds?

Idea from Limogesjewelry.com:

This could be my favorite idea so far.  I love rings and these are adorable.  You can get them engraved with your child's name and birth date and the front stone is the birthstone.  What I love about these is they are dainty and stackable so you could order more when you have more kids and since we plan to have more, this would work nicely!

Idea from Shutterfly.com:

I love photo gifts.  I love to give them and to receive them.  I think this bracelet is adorable.  Why wouldn't I want to have a picture of my little angel on my wrist at all times?  Shutterfly has tons of other adorable photo gift ideas.  I might use some of them for my own Mother!

If you really want to tug at the heartstrings and do something special for Mom on Mother's Day, try something more personal that you and baby create together.  I'm not going to give any ideas on this one.  I want to see what kinds of gifts you Dads can come up with on your own.  And don't worry, Dads, I didn't forget about you.  I have a very awesome Father's Day gift planned for my husband!

I'd love know about any other cool ideas there are out there.  Mom, has your husband done something so incredibly special for you on Mother's Day?  Dads, is there a particular gift you are proud of?

Good luck to all of you Dads trying to make Mother's Day special for your awesome wives!


Ok, so I posted this and then went surfing Pinterest and found a few more ideas!  Most of these are home made so they don't have a link.

I'll take it!
I would probably melt into a puddle onto the floor.
I am loving all of the cute jewelry ideas!


Ridiculously creative!  I've never seen anything like it!


You could do this but use photos instead and make it so that it can be added to later.

I will keep adding if I find anymore cute ideas!

Found another one!

Mom Shadowbox
Come up with your own messages to really tug the heartstrings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches