Skip to main content

37 Week Bumpdate



The heart rate was 157and all is well. 

So it looks as though the doctor is going off of my last period date rather than my conception date which is why he is measuring me a few days ahead of what I was measuring. So that puts me at 37 weeks 1 day. That also puts my due date at August 28th not September 1st. Works for me if it means Little Man will be here a little earlier! I'm predicting August 23rd but we will see!

The weight gain is seriously killing me now. It was so different with Baby Girl because I gained all my weight in the beginning with her and not much at the end. This time is opposite. I'm so sick of seeing that scale go up but I know it will be worth it in the end! 

My symptoms have pretty much been the same the last few weeks.  This kid is so low that he is just killing my back.  No matter how I sit or lay, I pretty much always have a backache.  And the heartburn just gets worse and worse.  Nothing really triggers it at this point.  I just have it all of the time.

Sleeping through the night is non-existent. I can't stay comfortable and usually have to get up to pee a few times.  This probably explains why I am so tired.  I don't remember being this tired the last few weeks with Baby Girl.  I haven't really been craving anything in particular these last few weeks.  I am still craving sweets but nothing specific.

Everything is still looking good as far as the Preeclampsia goes.  I have started to swell more in my feet, ankles, wrists and hands but it's nothing compared to the swelling I had with Baby Girl so there isn't much of a concern at this point.  That can change at any moment so we will see what happens.

She didn't even check me today to see if I was dilated.  He checked me last week and I was only at 1 centimeter, which I have been for quite some time now.  I was really hoping for some progression because I am just so tired of being pregnant.

I finished purchasing all of the items we needed for Little Man and now I'm just waiting for everything to arrive.  I love getting all these boxes in the mail!  I got his little bath robe and slippers today along with his bath tub, diaper bag and crib bumper.

One thing I ordered this time that I had no idea on how to order was maternity bras.  I wasn't able to breastfeed with Baby Girl but I'm hoping to this time.  I ordered a few bras and I'm hoping they are what I need.

I'm still a little concerned that the breastfeeding isn't going to happen easily this time just like last time.  I haven't done much research on breastfeeding and am just hoping that instincts kick in when it's time!  The one thing I don't want is a room full of people the first time I try to feed my little guy.  I know they want you to feed the baby soon after he is born but I really don't want an audience for it.  How does that work?

Anyone have any predictions on when this little guy is going to come??  I've had a lot of predictions via Facebook and I'm sticking with August 23rd.  I do have my hospital bag packed and Baby Girl's bag packed.  She will be spending her time at my Mom's house when the little guy finally comes.


36 and 37 week bump photos since I didn't post last week.  Not too much of a difference except that I'm a little bigger and a little lower.




Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! You're getting close! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot believe you are full term already!! SO soon now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vanessa! I am so excited to meet your little man. I sucked at breast feeding the first time, but it went much smoother the second time. You really do need to relax. I would just tell every body to get out, baby needs to feed.
    Oh and I think you will have him Aug. 28. Sorry. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so close! Yay! I hope these last weeks go by quickly for you! I gained most of my weight at the end of my pregnancy also this last time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GETTING SO CLOSE!!!

    Good luck with breastfeeding. I fed Taylor with only the nurses and my hubby in the room for the first time. If it doesn't work out though, don't pressure yourself. The pressure to bf can be ridiculous at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 23rd is so close! I can't wait for you baby boy to get here! Good luck with the breastfeeding when that time comes! I hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!