Skip to main content

Father's Day

It seems almost pointless to even blog about it now but I did post about Mother's Day so it's only right that I dedicate a post to Father's Day, even if it was a month ago!

First the gifts.  For my husband's first Father's Day, I had bought him a three frame picture frame and I had taken Ashlyn's photos and photo shopped the letters DAD onto the photos.  It looked really cute but I wanted to recreate that this year to include our son.



The kids got him this cute block with a picture holder on top.



They also got him this really awesome burlap print.  My husband used to hunt a lot.  He would go every day he could and would even go for weekend trips.  Since we had kids, his hunting has gone WAY down!  He really hardly goes at all  so this is perfect for him!



I also got him a few cigars.  You know, to celebrate being a father!  Ashlyn picked him out a pretty ridiculous tshirt, some beef jerky and a box of gummies that she like because they had a monkey on them.  It's the thought that counts right!

We went to church and then went out for lunch at a local Italian restaurant.  I had pasta for the first time in months so we wound up going for a short walk after lunch!  Both kids feel asleep!


Later, we went to visit my parents at their house for dinner.  I grilled some chicken and potatoes and we just relaxed with my family and the kids.


I'm going to assume my husband had a good day!  I certainly could not have asked for a better father for my children.  He makes them laugh, he kisses their boo boos, he puts them to bed almost every night, he wrestles with them, he cuddles with them and he loves them with all he has.

Even though it's late, I hope all the Dads out there had a great day!

Comments

  1. I'm totally a tit for tat person and if I had done a mother's day I would also feel compelled to do a father's day post! Your gifts are so thoughtful! I'm not thoughtful like that but I long to be! I feel like kids unexpectedly falling asleep is always a win- unless it's two hours before bedtime, then it's annoying. lol What you wrote about your husband being an amazing dad is so sweet, kissing their boo-boos? AWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!