Skip to main content

Baby Bear is 6 Months Old!

How is this kid 6 months old already?!

Doctor's stats:

Weight 21lbs 4oz (90th %)
Height 26 1/2 inches (50th %)


The basics?

Diapers - Size 4
Clothing - mostly 12 month
Food - formula, some solids
Sleeping - not enough!
Teeth - two bottom teeth
Words - dadadada, nananana, mamamama
Favorite toy - bouncer, puppy rattle

I want to make sure I keep doing these updates because I want to always have this to look back on but I'm so bad at posting them on time.  Baby bear is 6 months old and, as you can see from his stats, he is a big boy.  We call him tank.  He's wearing 12 month and some 18 month clothing.  I just can't believe I have to pack away his 9 month clothing already.


His sleeping is always on and off.  One night he will only wake once during the night, other nights he will wake multiple times.  I don't usually have to feed him when he wakes multiple times but I do have to get him back to sleep.  I would love it if he would just stick to a schedule but I just can't seem to get him there.  He naps 3-4 times throughout the day.  Short morning nap, long afternoon nap and one or two short evening naps.  His afternoon nap is anywhere between 1 and 3 hours and I have no idea why there is such a variation.

He still sleeps in his pack and play in our bedroom and it's pretty much the only place he likes to sleep.  He doesn't even like to sleep in his vibrating chair anymore.  It's fine with me because it will make the transition to his crib much easier.  I'm not sure when we are going to do that yet since he will be sharing a room with his brother.  His nightly wakings will surely wake his brother up so we don't want to put them together just yet.

He has started to try some solid foods.  He didn't really seem that interested at first but as soon as he hit six months, he started taking the spoon better.  He's had sweet potatoes and pears so far.  I'm making him some more foods so we'll see what he likes.  He likes baby puffs but he chokes on them more often than not so we take it easy with them.  He's got 2 little teeth and puffy gums so I'm guessing more will pop through soon.

He can sit up on his own but he still needs to have someone or something behind him in case he falls.  He has the best coordination I've ever seen.  He's able to take his pacifier from my hand and put it in his mouth.  He's been doing that for a few weeks now.  He steal everything!  You can't leave anything in front of him because it will go straight into his mouth.

He loves his bouncer and he bounces like crazy in that thing.  He also loves his puppy rattle.  It's one of the only toys he really responds to.  If he's on the floor, he will flip over onto his belly and he will army crawl.  He puts his butt up in the air but he's not quite getting the whole crawling thing yet. 

He's babbling a lot.  Mostly dadadada but I've heard him say mamamamama and nanananan a few times.  There have been a few times when I'm on the phone with my husband when he will actually look at the phone and say dada so I know he recognizes him by name already.

He's always watching his siblings.  They are also so loud so he has a lot of entertainment.  The kids like to play with him and make him laugh.  He laughs like crazy at Bryan for some reason.  Maybe because Bryan is more loud and rough.  Ashlyn is way more gentle with him and she loves to help with him, especially with feeding him.

He's very happy unless he's hungry or tired.  Otherwise, you'll always see him with a sweet smile on his face.  And his laugh?  It's the cutest little thing I've ever heard.  He's also had two hair cuts already! His hair grows so quickly!

Pictures of my baby bear










Oh my sweet little rainbow,

 

I don't know how you are six months old already.  It feels like just yesterday I was waiting for you to come and now here we are.  You are so sweet, just like your sister was.  You smile and laugh all of the time and you really love to be tickled.  You also love to be naked and you always eat your feet whenever they are exposed.

You are really starting to like to play.  You grab your toys and shake them around and have a great time.  Mommy has to get some of the baby toys out of the basement for you to play with now that you have taken an interest.  You'll have to fight your brother and sister for them, though.

When I dreamt of having a rainbow baby, I never dreamt of having one as sweet as you.  Your little cuddles are the best, especially since you don't like to cuddle much.  You do love to be held, though, and mommy and daddy are happy to oblige. 

It took us a little while to get the hang of this whole three kids thing but now that we have, we just can't imagine our lives without you.

 Happy half birthday baby bear!

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse

Another Award!

I was nominated for another award!  This one is from Sara at A McFall Minute.   Thanks so much Sara!   So here is the deal. 1) Thank the blogger who gave you the award.  2) Post 7 things about yourself.  3) Pass the award on to 7 deserving bloggers and let the know they have been nominated.  4) Include the logo of the award in your post.     7 Things about me 1.  I am a compulsive list maker.  I make lists for everything.  Need to clean the house?  I make a list for what needs to be done in every room.  Need to pack for a vacation?  I make a list for all of us, including the dogs, so I don't forget anything.  I also love the satisfaction of crossing things off the lists.  And if I don't cross something off, I will make another list of the things I didn't cross off.  I know...it's borderline psychotic.  2.  I love to entertain.  I love to plan, to decorate, to invite, to host.  I love it all.  I should be a party planner but d