Skip to main content

Davis is ONE

Well I skipped the 11 month post and he's actually 13 months now but oh well.  My sweet little rainbow baby is a one year old.  Cue the tears.  I love watching him explore and learn but I hate how quickly this first year goes by.

Doctor's stats:

Weight 23.5lbs 4oz (92nd %)
Height 29 1/8 inches (75th %)




The basics?

Diapers - Size 5
Clothing - 24 month

Food - whole milk, anything and everything
Sleeping - through the night!
Teeth - 12 teeth
Words - dadadada, nananana, mamamama, num num
Favorite toy - anything he's not supposed to have

I can't believe this kid is a year old already.  This year just flew by.  It makes me so sad to see my baby boy moving into the toddler years but I also love to see him explore and learn and develop his own little personality.


He's still a big boy, wearing mostly 24 month clothing already.  He loves to eat.  I took the bottles away and switched him over to whole milk at around 11 months.  He did really well transitioning.  He didn't like the regular sippy cups I had gotten him but he took to the straw cup so that's what he uses now.  He eats pretty much anything I give him.  We've been exploring with foods to see what he likes and he hasn't turned anything away yet.

Thankfully, shortly after he turned 10 months old, he started sleeping consistently through the night.  He still wakes occasionally but usually puts himself back to sleep easily.  I can't tell you how nice it is to finally have him sleeping.  He goes to bed around 9 and wakes up between 7 and 8.  It's perfect timing since we have to take Ashlyn to school.  He also takes two naps, one short one in the morning and one long afternoon nap.  I don't think it will be too long before he stops taking that morning nap.

He is still teething.  All of his molars are coming.  The two bottom molars broke a few weeks ago and now the top two are breaking through so he celebrated his first birthday with a dozen teeth just like his big brother.

He's not walking yet but I don't think it will be too long.  He cruises as much as he can and lets go more often now.  He will walk a little if we are holding his hands but he's not that interested yet.  He wants to badly to keep up with his siblings so I'm sure he'll be walking soon.

He figured out how to get up the playroom step so there's really no stopping him now.  It's a big step but he wiggles his butt and gets himself up and goes exploring.  He wants to be wherever I am.  He's a bit clingy like that.  I don't mind but it's hard to get anything done unless he's napping.

He makes a lot of noise but nothing consistent yet.  He still says dada the most.  I'll hear mama if he's mad but he hasn't intentionally looked at me and said mama yet.  I'm pretty sure he said banana (nana) the other day.  Ashlyn was eating a banana and he climbed right up to her, said nana and opened his mouth for her to share.  Maybe his second official word?

He's a trouble maker and does not like the word no.  What kid does.  He's a biter so we're trying to stop that.  He likes to hit, too, and he hits hard!  He's still a wiggle worm when it comes to diaper changes.  He thinks it's funny to try and crawl off in the middle of a change.

He's starting to cuddle a bit more.  Every morning when I get him from his crib, he lays his head on my shoulder and we just cuddle a little before we start the day.  He has decided that he does not like to cuddle at nap or bed time anymore, though.  I keep trying to rock him to sleep but he wiggles and complains so he just goes in his crib.  He cries a little but then he usually settles down and goes right to sleep.  Such an easy transition baby!

I've lost count of how many hair cuts this kid has had.  I think we are up to 6 now.  His hair just grows so quickly.  Bryan wants to buzz him but I'm not ready for that.  He loves to clap and play peek a boo.  He doesn't really have a favorite toy anymore because he's into everything.  He loves to ride around outside in his buggy.

His first birthday was a blast and he completely obliterated his smash cake, as I knew he would.


Pictures of my baby bear



 






Oh my sweet little rainbow,


I can't believe you are a year old already.  You're growing so big so quickly and it makes mommy sad that my baby isn't a baby anymore.

You are so much fun these days.  You are learning so much and getting into so much trouble.  You've started digging in the kitchen cabinets, pulling things out and then leaving them behind to move onto the next thing.  It's fun to watch you explore but exhausting to keep you out of trouble!

You love to watch your brother and sister and you always want to do whatever they are doing.  They are tolerant for the most part.  Ashlyn is always so sweet to you, always trying to make you laugh.  Bryan is way more rough but you seem to be ok with that most days.

Our morning cuddles are the best, buddy.  I love the way you lay your head on my shoulder each morning.  I love the way you speed crawl towards me every time you see me.  I love the way you smile when we play peek a boo over daddy's shoulder.  And your laugh....I can't even describe what that laugh does to me.

You're so close to walking and I know it's because you want to keep up with your siblings.  You're becoming such a big boy!

You have brought so much joy to our lives.  You have been the best rainbow after the storm and we couldn't be more thankful to call you our little baby bear.

Happy First Birthday Baby Bear!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them