Skip to main content

10 Weeks!!!

It's been a while since I posted a blog update. I have been so busy with being back to work and trying to take care of my little girl that I just completely forgot about this blog! I will keep trying to post updates, they just may be less often than they were before.

Baby Girl is now 10 weeks old and I can't believe how much she has grown and changed since birth. I'll start with her 2 month check up. Boy was that an adventure!

Baby Girl was 12.5 lbs and 23 3/4 inches at her 2 month check up. Dr. Jeff said she is just fine with her weight and height. We had no serious issues to report, just wanted to inquire about her spitting up. He tells us we have nothing to worry about. The bad part about the 2 month check up is the shots. Oh yea, poor Baby Girl got 3 shots, 2 in one leg and 1 in the other.

It was the first time I had ever heard her scream the way she did. She didn't even scream like that when she came out! As soon as that needle hit her leg, she was fuming! Daddy held onto her for the shots because Mommy just couldn't do it.

After the tears had settled, both hers and mine, I realized that since I had never heard her scream like that before, I must be doing something right. If in the 10 weeks of her existence, I have never heard her scream so hard I thought her lungs would pop, then I (and by I, I mean Daddy and I) must be doing a pretty good job.

Of course this realization does not keep me from wanting to keep my poor Baby Girl away from the pediatrician for the rest of her life, but we all know that's not going to happen. Not so sure I'll be attending the next visit. 4 months and more shots :(

Other than that melt down, Baby Girl is still the happiest little thing I've ever seen. She has her grouchy nights but for the most part, she is always smiling and laughing and making Mommy love her more and more and more!

She has been doing so well with her sleeping pattern. She gets her last bottle around 10pm and she is usually asleep no later than 11. She has her nights when she doesn't want to sleep and it takes until 11:30 or 12 to get her there but that's not too often. Then she usually sleeps until about 5:30am. She occasionally wakes up in the middle of the night, but that doesn't happen too often either.

We don't have a day time nap schedule set yet. She doesn't really nap too much actually. She takes these little 10 minute cat naps. Auntie Marty doesn't mind because that means she gets to play all day with Baby Girl. That's awesome for us because it means she is more tired at bed time! :)

Now that I'm back into the routine of working, it's not so bad. I am always so excited to go home to see my Baby Girl. Almost every day I get home to a smiling baby. I love when she smiles at me after a long day at work!

This was a fantastic smile I got one day when I got home from work. Isn't she just adorable?!

While I take tons of pictures of her, she doesn't get her first professional photos taken until April. I apologize to all of my Facebook friends because I completely overload FB with pictures of Ashlyn. I just can't help it! I'm going to do photos at 4, 8 and 12 months. I'm excited to see how different she will be at the different stages.

Ashlyn is already making friends! We visited with someone I used to work with a long time ago and she has a BEAUTIFUL little girl! I think Ashlyn and Maya are going to be great friends! She also has Max, a precious baby boy born exactly 7 weeks after Ashlyn. We are totally starting a local Mommies club! I just have so many friends who are new Mothers or who are about to be new Mothers and I am excited for all of them!

I am especially excited for Ashlyn's best friend, who hasn't even been conceived yet! I'm so proud of my best friend who is trying to conceive. I know that our babies will grow up together and be best friends just like we are!

Pictures of my Baby Girl:










We hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day!




My little Baby Girl, you are such a sweet angel. You always know how to make Mommy smile. You are lifting your head pretty well on your own now and you love to look at everything! Your Gran calls you a nosy little girl because you are always looking at things.

You LOVE bath time now. You don't play in the water yet but you will. You still love to have your hair washed, but you don't like having it towel dried. You also LOVE your bouncer. You play with the toys on it occasionally but you really like the vibration and it always calms you when you are being fussy.

You are still so fascinated by lights and movement. You sat and watched an entire hockey game on TV the other day! We are so proud. It won't be long until you fit into your Flyer's onsies.

Your eyes are still a beautiful deep blue and your hair is still the same brown color as mine. Your clothing size is 3 months and some of that is too small for you. You seem to be getting much longer than we realize.

The past ten weeks have been nothing but amazing. You are teaching us so much and we are having so much fun learning from you! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and we can't imagine our lives without you!

My BEAUTIFUL 10 week old Baby Girl!



I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of love I have for this little girl and by the ridiculous urge I have to add some siblings to the family! I am scaring my husband because I never wanted a big family. I always wanted 2 children while he wanted 4. We compromised and agreed on 3. Then we decided that if the second one happens to be a boy, we would be done having children.

I didn't know that being a Mother was going to be this awesome, though! I never expected to have this much fun raising a child. Now I know that the second one may not be as easy going as Ashlyn is, but I'm willing to take that chance!

I never expected that I would be the one to actually WANT to have more kids, especially after how difficult my pregnancy and delivery was. I always knew that I would have at least one child some day. I actually felt like that was somewhat of an obligation that I had to fulfill. I just never knew how easily my opinion could be changed and I certainly never knew how much I would change! (I'm such a sap now!)

I'm not saying I want to have 19 kids or anything like that! I am saying that maybe we should consider that 3rd or 4th child, regardless of whether or not our next one is a boy. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I'm so excited to start trying again though. December can't come fast enough!! (unless I can talk my husband into June?)

Comments

  1. Loooove your posts!!!And as your previous post, I could have written this one word for word as well. And yay for mommies group!!! Let's do it!!!!

    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing how things can change. I never thought I would love being a Mom as much as I do. I also never thought I would find awesome people like you to hang out with and do 'Mommy' things with! I can't wait to visit you and Maya again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!