Skip to main content

8 Weeks!!!!!

Oh my goodness. I can't believe we are already at 8 weeks. The time has just flown by and I know it's just going to keep on flying!

I have to give Daddy some credit. He started Little Miss on a sleeping schedule last week. The first night was pretty rough. Little girl was really grouchy and so she cried a lot. Mommy cried too. :(

The second night was not nearly as bad. She fell asleep around midnight but there was no crying this time! Baby girl went to bed around midnight every night last week and woke up around 5 or 6am. While midnight is still a bit late, we have made progress. We are no longer staying awake until 2am!

The soy formula has just been awesome. She is still spitting up quite a bit but I will take that over the gas and constipation any day. We can ask her doctor about her spitting up at her next appointment but I think she is fine. The last time I weighed her she was at 11 lbs 8 oz. She is getting so big!

I gave her a bath in her bath tub last week. I stuck her feet in the water to see how she would react and she didn't do much. I was surprised when she didn't cry after I put her in the bath. She did so well!! She didn't LOVE the bath but she also didn't mind it so I'll take it!

Here are some pictures of our eighth week:










You are 8 weeks old now and you are more amazing than ever. You are just the happiest baby I have ever seen. You only cry when there is something wrong. You are either hungry, need a diaper change or are hot. You very rarely ever get fussy anymore. You still talk like crazy and you love to lay on the couch and kick those little legs away!

You are smiling more than ever and Mommy loves it! My favorite is when I get home from work and you look at me and smile. I literally melt. You are starting to grab things more now too. Mommy has to keep your nails trimmed because you grab my face a lot!

The past 8 weeks have been so much fun but you are growing way too fast. I can't believe how different you are now from when we first brought you home. Your eyes are a deep blue and your hair is the same color as mine, not black like when you were born. I think you are going through a growth spurt right now because all you really seem to want to do is eat and sleep!

You get your first shots next week and Mommy is not happy about it. I apologize to you in advance because I know it will hurt. I only hope you are as reactive to getting your shots as you have been to every day bumps you have been getting, which is not reactive at all!

I don't think I could ever truly express how lucky I feel to have you. You are such a beautiful little girl!

My beautiful little eight week old baby!


We visited Miss Maya this past weekend and it was great! It was so amazing to see the differences between Ashlyn and Maya. Miss Maya is 4 months old so she is showing me what I have to look forward to! It was so nice to see Monika and catch up. I am looking forward to many play dates!

Work has been good. It's hard adjusting to the new schedule and I find that I am more tired now than ever! It's not so much the full time job/baby/house to take care of that makes me tired. It's getting myself back into a routine! No more sleeping until 9 because Ashlyn does. Oh well.

Auntie Marty has been having a good time with Little Miss. The best part about Anutie Marty? She keeps Ashlyn awake during the day as much as she possibly can so that she sleeps better through the night. It really helps that Auntie Marty loves babies!

My new obsession is finding some songs for Ashlyn. I'm not into the typical lullabies that the mobiles and swing have. I want something different for my little girl. I think I found it. Well, it's not really different but it's cute and it made me tear up. What do you think? Is this a good bed time song?

Goodnight My Angel

I am still amazed every day by how much I love being a Mom. I am amazed by the little things Ashlyn does to make me smile without even knowing she's doing them. I hope that she will read these blogs one day and maybe then she could catch a glimpse of the love I have for her.

Comments

  1. wow!! 8 weeks already...love the mo-hawk one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song!! It was actually the song my dad and I danced to at our wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cute Amy! I really love the song. My dad and I danced to Thank You by Led Zeppelin. Love that song too.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches