Skip to main content

Blog Star

Linking up with Mrs Monologues for Blog Star


Mrs. Monologues

I love participating in these kinds of link ups because I get to showcase my blog a bit and find some really great blogs to follow!

So, I'm Vanessa.  I'm a 29 year old Momma of one amazing (almost) seven month old girl.  I can't even describe how stinking awesome this kid is and how much I love her.  It's friggin ridiculous.



My husband and I have been married for two years now but we have know each other for about 17.  You can see more about all of that on my About Me section.  My husband owns his own landscaping business and I work full time as a Marketing Analyst. 

While I love living in Pennsylvania (love that we get all four seasons), I'm not loving our house anymore.  Completely outgrown!  We are looking to buy something bigger in the near future and I can't wait!  We need something with a nice yard because we have 3 dogs!

Utley and Katie Lynn, our Pugs.  Katie's middle name only gets used whenever she is in trouble.  Yes, people think it's strange that my dog has a middle name but I know I'm not the only one.

Camo, our Black Lab.  We chose the second smallest puppy of the litter and got the biggest dog of the litter.  I'm not sure there are any decent photos of Camo without his Pappa.  He loves his Pappa.

We also have a cat, Joey, or Joseph if he is in trouble (on the left).  Our second cat, Kitty, died on Father's Day.  It was very sad.


My husband has his eye on a 13 acre 'farmette' as he likes to call it so we will see if that is something we can get.  I'd just like a bigger house.  Growing family needs more room!

I love being a Mom, I am a big Twilight fan (yup, I admit it), I swear a lot, I hate mornings, my favorite candy is Twix, my favorite color is pink, I love pasta, my favorite holiday is Christmas, I love rainy days, as long as I can stay home, I hate that my daughter is in daycare, I can't wait to have more kids.

I started this blog as a way to document my pregnancy but it has turned into a support group for my life!  I love blogging about my baby, my life, my struggles, my happy endings.  I love getting blog comments and new followers.  I just love blogging and hope to do it even more as the 'dream' of becoming a stay at home Momma starts to become more of a reality in the next year!  

Go ahead and link up and tell us about yourself!

Comments

  1. I'm Venassa and have a 9 month old daughter :p
    I hope the 'farmette' situation works out. It sounds like you have a houseful.
    You're daughter is adorable!
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love to meet new bloggers and your daughter is super cute! We do have a houseful! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just hoping for any bigger house at this point!

      Delete
  2. Your daughter is adorable and the animals are pretty stinking cute too. Your life sounds like it has some exciting changes coming up. :) Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My daughter is amazing and my little puggers are just the best! I'm really looking forward to changes. I in severe need of them!

      Delete
  3. Found you from Mrs. Monologues! Your daughter...serious cheek pinching going on...such a cutie pie!! Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! She is a little doll, that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. Cute babies and pugs makes yours one of my favorite posts yet for blog star. I am so happy you decided to link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love linking up with people I don't know. I always find the best blogs!

      Delete
  5. Your site is so sweet - and your daughter is just beautiful! You just wanna kiss those cheeks! :)

    Blog Star drop by!

    Would love to have you stop on over to my little corner of the internet if you'd like! :) Looking forward to what you post next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I will check out your blog. Everyone loves her little cheeks!!

      Delete
  6. Stopping by from Blog Star to say hi! Your daughter is gorgeous, can't wait to read more about your and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I just read your post and daycare. Very scary stuff....esp since our daughter is in daycare! Hoping to be a SAHM soon but for now, what a thing to worry about!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!