Skip to main content

Holy Shiz....7 Months!

This is just getting ridiculous now.  I mean, it was just yesterday that my little wiggle worm was born.  It was just yesterday that those bright blue eyes looked up at me in total amazement.  It was just yesterday that I got to take the most amazing little baby on the face of this planet home with me! 

Um, no.  Actually, it was 7 months ago.  I mean really?  What is going on?  Why is she growing up so quickly.  I feel like tomorrow I'm going to be posting her first birthday re-cap. 

This has been a VERY BIG month for us.  So many things have been happening, so many changes!  I think the most exciting thing for me is that I found Baby Girl's first tooth on Sunday!  It was so excited!  I was feeding her 'adult food' as I like to call it (the potato part of a tator tot) and when I ran my finger over her gums, I felt a tooth!

I was ecstatic!  I was yelling, "OMG she has a tooth!  I think she has a tooth!  Yay there is a tooth!"  My husband was a bit disturbed because he was driving while all of this was going on but whatevs.  As soon as we got home I made him feel the tooth and then I couldn't stop sticking my finger in her mouth to feel the tooth.  I didn't even know she was teething!  Who knew teeth could be so dam exciting!

The next exciting thing to happen is that we got our first word.  Yup.  She finally said her first word.  I know that she doesn't know it's a word yet.  I know that to her it's just a sound she is making.  But it's still pretty exciting! 


So there it is.  Baby Girl's first word.  Da Da.  Dam kid.  Like I said, I know that she doesn't know what it actually means.  I know it's just another sound to her.  But why does she have to say it all of the time?!  I can't be too mad at her.  See how ridiculously cute she is while she is saying it?  She also blows raspberries and she does that quite well!

Third big thing..............she reaches for me.  Let me tell you...this is nothing short of amazing.  My kid reaches for me.  Daddy, you can have your Da Da cause the first time that little girl reached for me was nothing short of A.maz.ing.  I can't even describe to you the feeling I had.  I get the same feeling EVERY time she reaches for me!

She is just on the brink of sitting up and crawling.  She actually sits up pretty well on her own but I wouldn't walk away from her just yet.  She catches herself when she leans front or back but not so much when she leans to a side.  But soon, she will no longer need me to help her sit up.

And she is always rolling around on the floor and laying on her belly.  We can't keep her on the play mat at all anymore.  She just rolls everywhere.  She holds her head up high and kicks her little feet!  I know that she will be crawling in no time and that makes me very sad.  She is just growing so quickly and there are so many things happening all at once!

The basics? 

Diapers - size 3, and yes, we started using the generics.  Wal-Mart diapers seem to work just as well as Pampers and they are $10 cheaper!  I'm ok with that. 
Clothing - 6 to 9 month and some 12 month.  Even some 18 month stuff depending on how it's made!
Food - stage 2 baby foods and some 'adult' foods like mashed potatoes and easily dissolvable crackers.
Sleeping - like a rock.  She was having some issues right before her 6 month check up with sleeping but I think that was just because of the ear infections and colds she was getting.  She seems to be much better now and I can't remember the last time I had to get up in the middle of the night.
Daycare - still ok.  Hoping to get her out soon, or at least only send her part time.
Camera roll - 975 pictures, 123 downloads

We finally took the bassinet out of the bedroom.  She has outgrown it and it's just cruel for me to think that I can keep letting her sleep in it.  So it's gone.  We actually gave it to a friend who just had a sweet baby boy.  So they are going to use it for as long as they need to and then we can have it back.  I'm ok with that.  It gets it out of our house for a while and it helps them so that they don't have to buy one!

So, the next time Baby Girl is sick, we will move her playpen (which is still in the living room and not being used for what it's actually supposed to be used for...travel) into the bedroom and she can sleep in there.  That or we can just simply move her crib into our room when she is sick.  I always like having her close by when she is sick.

She still loves her bouncer but she has been more interested in just rolling around the floor lately.  We love to lay on the floor with her and just play and have a good time.  She will literally just try to roll over top of us.  She doesn't really care. 

Pictures of my sweet Baby Girl:












Oh my little angel.  I am amazed every second by every change I see in you every day.  I can't believe how quickly you are growing.  It feels like yesterday that you were just a tiny little girl in my arms and now you are such a big girl!

7 weeks

7 months

You smile constantly and I swear every time you do, those bright blue eyes sparkle!  No one makes you laugh like Daddy does.  He does the craziest things to get you to laugh and it's well worth it!  You love to pet the puppies even though they run away every time you put your hand out to them.  I know they will come around.

You have really been enjoying playing with the new toys Mommy has been buying you.  You don't really have a favorite yet but you sure do love your laughing hippo and your crib mobile.  Every time I pick you up from your crib, you try to grab that mobile!

You really just enjoy to roll around on the the floor.  I really think you are going to start crawling soon.  You get so excited at meal time now, too.  You sit in your high chair like a big girl and wait (not so patiently) for us to feed you.  But you also like to play in your high chair too.  That's Mommy's fault and it's a habit we have to break because you get too distracted and don't want to eat!

You are so in love with your Nana and she and Mommy are the only ones you really reach for.  I mean, you almost jumped out of my arms to get to her the other day!  It really warms Mommy's heart to know that you are loved by so many people!

You are becoming such a little person with your own personality.  I love to watch you play and listen to you make your funny little noises and blow your raspberries.  I love waking up to your sweet smiles every morning when Daddy brings you in to lay with me for a few minutes before daycare.

Daddy and I can't believe how ridiculously lucky we are to call you our daughter.  We never thought it would be this easy to be parents but you are just so easy going and happy.  We have such a hard time letting you go every day and we are so excited to get back to you every night.  We love you so much and we can't imagine our lives without you!

My BEAUTIFUL 7 month old Baby Girl:

She wouldn't stay still so that's the best I could get!

I am looking forward to our Sundays for the next few weeks because we will be taking a meal to our friends who have just had a sweet baby boy.  They are the sweetest couple and little Anthony is adorable!  We also have my Dad's birthday coming up soon.  We've got picnics and parties and all kinds of things this month so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!