Skip to main content

Mah Hair

So I've been saying for a while now that I wanted to get my hair cut.  Not my normal trim....CUT.  Like chop enough off to donate to Locks of Love.  I'm not really sure why I've never donated before, especially since I've always had long hair.  My Mom always loved my long hair and she would never let me get it cut growing up.

There was one time when I was on vacation with my Aunt, she called and asked my Mom if she could trim my hair.  Six inches isn't the trim my Mom had in mind!  And when I moved out of the house at 18, I got it all chopped off.  My Mom cried and told me to go get hair extensions!  

But this time I really just needed to do something for myself (Momma's gotta do a little something for herself now and then) and it was for a good cause (kudos to me).  So, I searched for some hair styles that I thought I might like and I found one. 


My best friend was also needing a hair cut so we scheduled appointments at a local salon (also the place where we had our makeup done for my wedding) for this past Saturday.  We went armed with the pictures we had chosen and hoped for the best. 

My friend's hair turned out amazing.  It was so cute and she really seemed to like her stylist.  I was a little indifferent.  I've had my hair shorter before so I wasn't really emotional about getting it cut or anything but I guess I just wasn't that excited about it either.  I really needed to do something to give myself a little bit of a boost and I didn't get that so maybe that's why I'm dissapionted. 

She probably cut about a foot of hair off so that was a nice donation and I'm really glad I was able to do it.  I didn't really tell her to layer it too much but I thought the picture had some pretty good layers.  So when it was all finished, it was pretty much just one length, which I HATED!  So she had to cut a bunch more layers in and it took over 2 hours to get it right!  I am grateful for her patience, that's for sure!

Again, it wasn't quite what I had expected.  I mean, it's much lighter now and it is so much easier to wash and dry but it didn't really give me the boost I needed.  Do you know what I mean when I say boost?  When you sit in the chair and don't look in the mirror until you're completely finished and then you spin around and it's like, Wow, I love it!  Yea, there was none of that for me.

Maybe it's because I really just don't like the style of it too much.  Maybe it's because the last time I had my hair cut I was seven months pregnant so I just got used to my long hair (Baby Girl is almost 7 months old.....it's been that long).  Maybe it's because there are so many other things going on in my life right now that I just couldn't enjoy it.  Who knows.  I really think a tattoo would have lifted my spirits a little more but whatever (see So What Wednesday. Yes I actually had to bargain). 

So here it is, the before and after:
Look at all that hair!

She had to make 2 ponytails to cut because my hair is so thick.

And the after

Not really sad but not really thrilled either.

Here it is today all flat and stuff.

As I've been saying to everyone who comments on it, I don't hate it but I don't love it. 

Comments

  1. It is such a great feeling to be able to donate hair to Locks of Love! I have been growing my hair out for what seems like forever, in hopes that I will have enough to donate VERY SOON! After Logan was born, my sister got married, and right after her wedding, I chopped 11 inches off of my hair. That was the first time I donated. I know what you mean by "boost". I walked out of that salon feeling like a new person. As far as your hair goes, I agree with you... I don't think it looks bad, but it doesn't have much "wow" factor. Maybe you should take off 3-5 more inches?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I mean I'm glad I donated because it's for a great cause but I guess I just expected to feel different/better/something! Not sure I can part with any more inches though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!