Skip to main content

13 Weeks!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to get this post out last week and just didn't have the time! I'm a week late but better late then never!

Where has all of the time gone? The last 13 weeks have flown by faster then I could have ever imagined. Ashlyn is a beautiful, happy 13 week old girl and I'm at the point now where I just can't remember what life was like before her!

This girl is still the happiest baby I have ever seen. She is much more content being on her own now. She will lay and play with her hands for as long as she can. She still isn't too interested in toys but she loves hands! Her hands, my hands, doesn't really matter. She tries to stick both of her fists in her mouth and gets mad when she can't get them both in there. She would also rather suck on her hands/fingers or my finger instead of a pacifier.

She is the sweetest little thing. Every time I look at her and say hi, she gets the biggest smile on her face. She smiles big whenever I tell her she is pretty too. Little girl already knows how beautiful she is! She is laughing a lot now too. Sometimes I tickle her belly and she just laughs like crazy! She really knows how to pull at those heartstrings!

She is still sleeping like a little angel at night. She goes to bed around 10:30 and usually sleeps until 5:30. It's very rare that she wakes up in the middle of the night. That usually only happens if I put her to bed early. Even if she goes to bed 10 minutes early, it throws her off. And she is definitely thrown off if she doesn't get her bath before bed now. I guess the routine is a good thing.

We are trying to get her on a day time routine now. She doesn't like to take naps! She will take little 20 minute cat naps but never a real nap. It's fine except then she is a grouchy little girl from about 7pm until bed time. Her little eyes get so puffy and red from her rubbing them too. I feel bad for her but she just doesn't want to sleep!

One dilemma we are having is with how much she eats. She pretty much eats whenever she wants to. That is usually every 2 - 3 hours, depending on how she feels that day and she eats 3 - 5 oz at a shot. I don't think there is anything wrong with how much she is eating. She is a growing baby and she needs to eat a lot! But Daddy says she eats too much and called the pediatrician.

They told us that she should be eating 5 oz every 3 hours. That's great in theory but she is a baby and we all know babies don't really stick to schedules that well. We have been trying all week to keep her to a 3 hour schedule but it's hard to do that when your baby is screaming at the top of her lungs because she is hungry!! Anyone have any advice on the eating? I say, let her eat! As long as she isn't eating 5 oz every hour and isn't gaining massive amounts of weight, let her eat!

I also think she might be teething. I know it's a little early but she is drooling like nothing I've ever seen before and she always wants some fingers in her mouth! She has also been fussy for no apparent reason. Dry diaper, full belly and comfy temperature and still crying? We haven't really tried the frozen toy in the mouth yet but hopefully that will help because I know it's only going to get worse!

She is already growing out of her 3 month clothes. I love Carter's clothes but they only sell them in single sizes. When she stretches out, the tops of her one-piece outfits stretch down! She is getting too long for them. So now I have to go on a search for more 3 to 6 month clothing that will fit her in length. She is just growing way too quickly!

The work routine has been fine. I am still so excited to get home to her every night. We are on the lookout for some new care taking, though. We really don't want to do daycare but we may not have a choice at this point. We have a couple options, including church daycares, that might not be too bad but we really hate the idea of daycare. I always feel like the people at a daycare spend more time with your kids than you do and basically raise them. I'm not OK with that. I'm sure it will all work out.

I can't wait until she gets her first professional photos taken in April. I'm hoping we will have some warm weather and I can put her in a cute little dress! Looking back now, I wish I had gotten actual newborn photos taken but I guess I have enough of my own photos. Photo gallery on my phone says I have 406 photos on my camera!

Ashlyn gets to go visit her friend Maya this weekend! I'm excited to see Maya and see how she has grown since I last saw her a few weeks ago. I also can't wait to see how Ashlyn and Maya compare in size. I will have to try to remember to take some pictures this time because Maya is just too cute! We compared Ashlyn to an 8 month old baby last weekend and she wasn't much smaller. I am now calling her my Amazon baby! We also need to go visit Max again soon so we can compare sizes. So many babies to visit!

I posted this last time and I am posting it again: I am especially excited for Ashlyn's best friend, who hasn't even been conceived yet! I'm so proud of my best friend who is trying to conceive. I know that our babies will grow up together and be best friends just like we are!

Pictures of my Baby Girl:








My little Baby Girl, you are such a sweet angel. You always know how to make Mommy smile. I am always so excited to get home to you at night. I love to make you smile and laugh and it always makes me so happy that I just want to cry!

You still love bath time and don't want to go to sleep without your nightly bath. You still don't play in the water but you will. You still love to have your hair washed, but you don't like having it towel dried. You also LOVE your bouncer. You play with the toys on it occasionally but you really like the vibration and it always calms you when you are being fussy. You like to sit in your bouncer and watch TV!

Your eyes are still a beautiful deep blue and your hair is still the same brown color as mine. Your clothing size is 3 to 6 month now as you are growing too long for your 3 month clothing! Mommy is very sad to see you growing so quickly.

The past thirteen weeks have been nothing but amazing. You are teaching us so much and we are having so much fun learning from you! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and we can't imagine our lives without you!

My BEAUTIFUL 13 week old Baby Girl!


I posted this last time and am posting it again:

I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of love I have for this little girl and by the ridiculous urge I have to add some siblings to the family! I am scaring my husband because I never wanted a big family. I always wanted 2 children while he wanted 4. We compromised and agreed on 3. Then we decided that if the second one happens to be a boy, we would be done having children.

I didn't know that being a Mother was going to be this awesome, though! I never expected to have this much fun raising a child. Now I know that the second one may not be as easy going as Ashlyn is, but I'm willing to take that chance!

I never expected that I would be the one to actually WANT to have more kids, especially after how difficult my pregnancy and delivery was. I always knew that I would have at least one child some day. I actually felt like that was somewhat of an obligation that I had to fulfill. I just never knew how easily my opinion could be changed and I certainly never knew how much I would change! (I'm such a sap now!)

I'm not saying I want to have 19 kids or anything like that! I am saying that maybe we should consider that 3rd or 4th child, regardless of whether or not our next one is a boy. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I'm so excited to start trying again though. December can't come fast enough!! (unless I can talk my husband into June?)

I just want to add that I feel terrible for all of the families who are suffering due to the recent tornado outbreaks in the mid-west. Reading articles about how entire familes were killed (a mom, dad and three kids) or articles about how a mom lost her legs saving her kids makes me so thankful to have my family. I go home every night and squeeze my little girl tight because I just don't know what I would do without her.

I have also recently found this blog "EB"ing a Mommy and I just cry every time I read her blog. I can't imagine losing my little girl and I can't imagine what this poor woman is going through. Please keep Courtney in your thoughts as well as all of the vicitims of the tornado outbreak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!