Skip to main content

Five Months

It took me forever to get this posted.  In two weeks he'll be six months old already!  Moving really put me behind but here goes. 

We don't have another doctor's appointment until later this month so I don't have any stats this time around.  I did weigh the little guy the other day and the scale says he's 18 pounds.  18!!  This is why his new nickname is chunk!

The basics?

Diapers - Size 3
Clothing - 6-9 month in PJs, 9 month in all else!!!
Food - He has eaten everything I've given him so far.  He seems to favor apples and pears.
Sleeping - Still not great.  Up to 4-5 hour stretches now.
Teeth - Two little chompers!
Words - Nothing yet
Favorite toy - Bouncer, plush parrot

Chunk's fat legs got the best of him and I finally had to bump him up to size 3 diapers.  The little guy has sumo legs and they are adorable!  Speaking of sumo, why does my 5 month old wear 9 month clothing?  Seriously.  He can still wear 6-9 month in one piece outfits and pjs but everything else is 9 month already.  Growing way too fast!

We started more solid foods this month.  I pretty much stopped giving him any kind of cereal.  I just keep reading about how bad it is for babies.  Not sure if I'm going to start giving it to him again or not.  I have been giving him some other foods.  He has had peas, carrots and sweet potatoes.  He's also had apples, bananas and pears.  So far he's taken everything really well.

I'm venturing into making my own baby food now so any pointers would be appreciated.  I made some bananas for him the other day but didn't give them to him right away.  What happens to a banana if it isn't eaten?  Yea I'm not sure why I didn't realize it would turn brown.  Gross!

He is still also getting formula.  The Similac Sensitive seems to work best for him right now.  He hasn't been spitting up nearly as much as he was.  He eats every 3-4 hours.  He very rarely wants to eat any sooner than that.  He's up to about 6 ounces now as well.

He has not been doing well in the sleep department.  One night he'll go 4 hours between feedings and the next only 3.  Then he'll throw a 5 hour night in there just to tease me and the next night he's back to 3 hours.  I'm not sure what to do with this kid.  Routines don't seem to help.  I thought that he slept longer on bath nights but that was just my imagination.

He's just all over the place with sleeping.  He still naps quite a bit during the day too.  Keeping him up is just pointless and exhausting.  He gets so grouchy when he's tired and then he fights the naps.  It's just easier to let him nap.  He is still sleeping well in his crib, though.  He takes all of his naps in his crib and sleeps in there at night.  He almost never sleeps anywhere else, except the car seat.

Let's talk about how this kid has two teeth already.  They broke though right after the new year, which explains why he was being such a horrible sleeper while we were on vacation at the end of last year.  I can't believe he has two teeth!

He's starting to play more in his baths.  I think that once he can sit up on his own he will love bath time.  He rolls really well from belly to back.  He's still working on back to belly.  He still loves to be naked.  All the time. 

His talking is just too cute.  He makes the funniest noises and is so verbal, just like his sister was.  He is also just so calm all of the time.  He is a little clingy but I think I expected that of a boy.  I think it's also because I'm home all of the time with him so he's a little more attached.  I'll take all the cuddles but it can be pretty difficult to get anything done!

He grabs everything.  You can't let anything near him because he will get his hands on it and most likely put it in his mouth.  It's actually really cute the way he steals everything.

Pictures of my sweet Little Boy:

 

 

 
 
If you follow me on Instagram (vmiller0918) you may have seen some of these already.


Little Dude, I am loving how much your little personality is developing.  You are always so happy!  You are always smiling and laughing and it's so much fun to watch you. 

You love your bouncer.  You have such a good time in that thing.  You like to bounce but you are also so interested in all of the toys on the bouncer.  You get so focused on a toy but then get mad when it doesn't do what you want it to!

You are becoming a little cling monster and you want to be held a lot.  You are also starting to get upset whenever Mommy or Daddy walks past you and doesn't pick you up.  You have the most pitiful little pout and it melts us!

My BEAUTIFUL 5 month old Little Guy:

 

Comments

  1. What a cute little chunk! My little girl was always at least a size ahead in clothes so I feel you! I made all my own baby food and wrote about it on my blog. I loved doing it and it really wasn't that hard -- once I figured out to make it ahead! I wasn't a very serious blogger then so please ignore the bad photos :)
    http://thejacobsonsfamily.blogspot.com/2013/01/on-making-your-own-baby-food.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SWEET! Glad to see another chunker out there -- Hannah is a chunk! He's a cutie :) so smiley!! We use similac sensitive also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chunk. I want to tickle his little (big) thighs and bask in his smile and laughter! If Dylan wasn't my son, I would go as far as to say that Chunk is the cutest baby in the world! lol He is always so happy! Can you believe you're already using size 3 diapers and putting him in 9 month clothing? That's how Dylan was too- so much cute clothes never made it on him because he was the ever expanding baby. They are so similar! One of the few differences is that you are feeding him solids (I am BARELY starting that, I know, wtf mom).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut the front door...how is he five months old?!?! Making your own baby food is soo easy! You can cook/steam your veggies and then mash/puree them up for the little guy. Hopefully his sleep gets a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you don't update soon I might breakdown and cry...waaaah! So what wednesday's are one of my fave things about Wednesday! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!