Skip to main content

So What Wednesday

Life After I Dew

So what if I have been converted to a snow hater.

I usually love the snow.  I loved to see the white stuff blanketing everything.  I loved having snow days.  I loved how quiet it would get because people were keeping warm in their homes.  I loved the sound of sleds and kids building snowmen.

I don't love it anymore.

Snow days?  I don't get snow days.  I don't work.  I don't get to have work or school canceled.  I don't get to take the day off from my kids because of the snow.  What I do get is to have a mini van that sucks in the snow so I don't get to go anywhere and get cooped up in the house with the kids.

And I also get a husband who is gone.  He plows snow in the Winter.  Go figure.  He has been gone almost non-stop for the past two weeks because of this stupid snow and he will be gone again tonight because of the snow. 

So not only do I get stuck inside with the kids while my husband is gone, I also have to spend my time in a new house that I'm not used to trying to unpack and organize our lives back to normal.

Where is the positive in this?

Well, the snow is still beautiful even if it is a giant pain in the ass.  I still do love the quiet during a snow storm.  There is something very peaceful about it.  It also helps to generate a pretty nice income for us lately so I guess we should be thankful for that.  I'm not sure the trade-off is all that great but I guess there has to be a silver lining somewhere.

Comments

  1. I guess one benefit is that since your kids don't go to daycare, you don't have to pull them out in it. I had to take my kids to daycare this morning and my car thermometer read -7. I was so upset that I was subjecting them to this. They only go 2 days a week, but of course, this tundra always seems to happen during those two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally a snow hater too, and dreading the 12" we're getting tomorrow...is it spring yet?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow is all fun and games until it dictates your life. It always takes me a while to get used to a new home, the weird sounds you're not used to, the freshness and bareness of everything. It takes time but I am an instant gratification kind of person. It's annoying lol. Can we please talk about how Cordeila was the Supreme? What am I going to do with my life now that I don't have AHS? How will they ever top that season? I wish I were a witch :[

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do NOT like snow either! Hopefully spring will come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it is pretty but yes I am getting a little sick of the snow too! We have had an unusual amount for NC this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!