Skip to main content

Ashlyn 3.0

This should have been posted like two months ago!  No wonder people don't read my blog anymore.
 
Doctor's Stats:
Weight:  33lbs 2oz (70th %)
Height:  37.5 inches (50th %)
Head: 20.5 inches (97th % - still on the charts!)

The basics?

Diapers - zero diapers - potty trained!
Clothing - 4T or 5T tops and 3T bottoms.
Food - mac and cheese, broccoli, carrots, grilled cheese, fruit
Sleeping - Sleeping 9-11 hours each night
Teeth - All baby teeth are in
Words - She speaks in complete sentences
Favorite cartoons - Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Curious George, My Little Pony
Favorite toy - Her kitchen, artist easel, any of her Frozen toys, Little People Toys

Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.  That's all this little girl knows how to do.  Everyone she sees she says hi to.  Every animal in our house has its own story.  Her imaginative play is soaring right now and it's so much fun to hear her make things up and play. 

She still has the whole sassy and sweet thing going but the sassy is overpowering the sweet these days.  She has such an attitude most of the time but then she really knows how to make up for it with the hundreds of 'I love yous' she says in a day.  I really need to start counting how many times she says it on any given day.  She still cuddles like a boss and I can't resist that crazy little smile.

She is still waking in the middle of the night and coming into our bed.  I'm honestly just too tired and lazy to move her back to her bed to try to break her so it's my own fault.  I'm thinking we might be switching out her bed to the full size soon to see if that helps.  I think she is just really restless and wakes herself in the middle of the night.

We have broken the habit of her falling asleep in our be to begin with so that's at least some progress.  She lays in her own bed to go to sleep but she always wants Daddy or I to sit with her until she falls asleep.  She usually wants Mommy and I don't mind.

While she is usually really good big sister, her and her brother have their fair share of fights.  She likes to take toys away from him.  She likes to order him around.  She likes to push him out of the way when she wants something.

She also likes to play with him.  She likes to help him with things.  She likes to give him his milk and grab diapers and wipes when he needs to be changed.  She really loves her brother despite how mean she is to him sometimes.  But to be fair, he can be pretty mean to her too!

This stage that she is in right now, this imaginative, playful stage is the best yet and I can't wait to see how she keeps growing.

Pictures of my sweet Baby Girl:

 

  
 


 
 
 
 
 

 

 
Baby Girl, you are such a little socialite it's ridiculous.  You love to talk to people and you have no stranger danger at all.  This really scares Mommy and Daddy sometimes because we really think you'd go home with just about anyone!

But people just flock to you.  They just can't help it.  That cute face, those beautiful curls, that amazing smile, those big, blue eyes.  People just love to see you and talk to you.  And you love it just as much!  You are a bit of a drama queen at times but you're not too bad.

You and your bother fight like crazy but you also love each other so much.  I love the way he looks at you, his big sister, with such love and amazement.  And you are such a good big sister, showing him things and trying to teach him things.  No one makes him laugh like you do.  I really hope that you continue that strong bond.

You are quite the singer and dancer these days.  Any time music is playing, you're dancing.  And any time a song you know is playing, you're singing.  You're making up your owns songs now, too, and they are pretty hilarious.  You have quite the imagination.

Mommy loves to watch you sit at the kitchen table and play.  You pile as many little toys into your toy bag or airplane or car and you just sit for hours and play.  You make up stories and sing songs and I could watch you do it all day long.

There are still times when I can see Daddy look at you in amazement because he can't believe how lucky he is to call you his daughter.  We both are my sweet girl.  Never lose that infectious personality.
.
My BEAUTIFUL 3 year old Baby Girl:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse