Skip to main content

Around Here

Many nights when I close my eyes for bed, I flash back to the day I went in for the ultrasound, to the second the words came out of the doctor's mouth. 

'Unfortunately the baby's heart has stopped beating.'

This is what haunts me most nights.  The news.  The second I realized that everything was about to change.  The second I realized I lost my son.

They say that situations like this either make or break a relationship.  I agree with this.

My husband has been more supportive, more emotionally available, more helpful in general.  He has assured me that he will never lose patience with me and so far he hasn't.  He has talked with me about all of this even when he didn't really want to.  He has gone to work every day and continued to work hard for us, never getting a pause in all of this.

It certainly has not broken our relationship.  It has brought us to a whole new level of closeness.  We are more patient with each other.  We talk more.  We hug more.  We are less angry at the small things.  We appreciate each other more. We love more. 

We are a little more patient with our kids.  We say yes a little more often.  We've always loved our kids with everything inside of us but we have really learned to appreciate little things more.  When Bryan runs up to me in the kitchen and gives me a hug and tells me he loves me.  When Ashlyn comes out of her room in the morning with a new crazy outfit on.  When they cuddle up to me on the couch, one on each side.  These are the things that make me smile. 

Our kids have become even more beautiful to us than they were before.  We just look at each one and really examine them.  Memorize every detail.  We know how precious they are now.  We know how lucky we really are to have them.

I struggle with the baby bumps.  Seeing all these pregnant ladies in my IG feed, seeing their growing bumps and their gender reveals and their excitement.  I struggle with newborns.  I still haven't gone to visit my sister in law who had her son two days after we lost Colson. 

I struggle with my own belly.  I've been pushing myself harder than ever before to lose weight.  Who wants to have a baby belly with no baby in there?  I've been doing double workouts, a lot of cardio, counting calories, deleting things from my diet.  This past week the scale hasn't budged.  Not even an ounce.  It's so frustrating to be working so hard just to get no results when you really need them.

We had so many things go wrong after Colson.  He really was just the top of a very long list of bad in our lives at the time.  Things have settled down and we have been able to breath a little easier lately.  Next week we have some new things happening that will be a nice distraction for us.  I'll share more on Monday but for now I'll say we are really looking forward to this Summer and the changes we are about to make.

I'm sad every day for Colson.  I think about him every day.  I wonder about him every day.  I know I'll never get over this but I do hope to find some peace in all of this some day.  #loveforcolson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse