Skip to main content

It's Been Hard

Two months have passed since we lost Colson.

It's been hard.

There are constant reminders everywhere.  All the newborn babies and baby bumps still get me.  And his shadow box.  And his necklace.  And my baby belly that still hasn't gone away.  A song that reminds me.  A picture that I see.  A gender reveal.  So many things.

Every once in a while, Ashlyn will ask me about Bryan's baby brother.  For some reason she won't call him her baby brother, maybe because she wanted a sister.  It always sends me into a state of quiet, breaking my heart that she won't know her brother.

But it's also been good.  We are a much stronger family now.  We communicate better.  We are so much more patient with each other.  Our kids make us cry pretty much daily because we are just so thankful for them and their sweet souls.

My husband has been so very patient with me.  There are still times that I just break down and need his help and he's always right there.  Always asking me how I'm feeling and if I need to talk.  I lean on him a lot harder these days because I know I can.  I know he will be there.

We have created some seriously strong bonds with some of our family and friends as well.  These people who just came to us in our darkest moment and have stayed with us through it all.  We have a new love and respect for these people.

As the kids were cuddled up to me on the couch the other night, one on each side of me, it was the first time since our loss that I thought, I really want another baby.  It's only been two months.  Am I really ready for that?

Just the thought of it left me more emotional than I had been in weeks.  I don't know why.  I can't explain how I felt in that moment.  Happy that I could think about another baby.  Sad because I felt like I was moving on from Colson and didn't want to.  Guilty for wanting another baby. 

I don't know if we are ready for that yet.  I don't know when we will be ready.  I do know that it scares me more than anything else ever has.  And I know it will be hard.  But I also know I have people who will help me though it when the time comes.

For now we are just living.  We are getting past each day the best we can.  We are focusing on our new house and everything we have to get done in order to move in.  We are enjoying the warm weather with the kids.  We are spending time with our friends and family.

For now that's all we can do.  My heart still hurts each and every day for my sweet boy.  I don't know if it will every stop hurting.  I'm not sure I want it to.  But I do know that my Colson will always be in my heart.

#loveforcolson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse