Skip to main content

Around Here

Well, we've been busy.

It's been so crazy in our house the last few weeks.  Two toddlers.  A husband who works non stop and plays church softball a few nights a week.  A new house to finish.  A trip to New York.

Let's update.

The kids have been crazy.  I'm pretty sure Bryan is already settling into his terrible two's.  He is the sweetest little boy most of the time but he has these crazy moments when I just don't know what to do with him.  He hits and jumps and kicks and he's just crazy.  He's a boy, right?  That's what they all do.  Please tell me that's what they all do.

Also, so happy that his teething is finally over.  All of his 2 year molars came in pretty much at once and it was hell.  He has also been sick on and off for the past month.  First an ear infection, then a week of good health, then a nasty cold.  He seems to be doing better now. 

Can I just add that the crazy little boy is turning two in one month?  I can't even stand it.

 
He's going through a naked phase
 
Ashlyn has really taken the term 'threenager' to a whole new level.  That attitude this girl possesses is wicked.  I have to laugh at her sometimes because I know she is just an exact replica of me.  She still has that kind little heart and is always asking what she can help with.  She always says hello to everyone she passes.




My husband has been working so much.  His regular full time job consumes most of his time, during work hours and after work hours.  His boss sent him to New York for a week, hence our trip to New York with him.  More on that later.

He's also trying to figure out how to get time in at our new house.  The house is just progressing so slowly.  We really thought we would be a lot father than we are now.  We've overcome a few big hurdles and we are hoping it's just smooth sailing from here.

He's also trying to make it to the church softball games he signed up for.  He always wants to play but he is always so busy.  We go through this every year and he keeps signing up even though he knows he won't have the time for it.  He needs the break, though.  He needs to be able to blow off some steam.  This is how he does it.

So back to our trip to New York.  My husband helped with a large job in NY and it was a week long project.  Instead of leaving us at home, we packed everyone up and went with.  We left Father's Day.  We had dinner with my dad the Saturday night before Father's Day so we could spend Sunday driving. 

The drive wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, though we didn't leave until about 3pm and we arrived up there around 10:30pm.  The kids and I basically did what we would do at home all week long.  My husband was home every night and got to see the kids and that's all he wanted.  He didn't want to leave us all for a week.

The trip itself was pretty terrible.  It was pitch black when we arrived and there were no lights on so it was hard to see where we were even supposed to be going.  There were a lot of dead bugs laying around and they didn't even sweep the cobwebs off the decks or the dead bird.  The hot water had such a bad smell of sulfur that we couldn't even take hot showers.  We went out and bought gallons of water, which we heated on the stove and basically took sponge baths.  There was supposed to be wifi but there wasn't and we wound up having to spend extra money on our phone bill for data.

The kids were the worst!  They were so badly behaved.  They didn't listen to me at all.  They fought with each other the whole time.  Bryan was literally bouncing off of the walls.  Literally.  He would just run from one side of the room to the other and bounce off of the walls.  It just wasn't fun for any of us.

Despite the problems and bad kids, I'm glad we went.  I hate when my husband leaves home for work so I'm glad we got to go with and see him every day.  We decided to leave Saturday instead of Sunday because we were just all ready to go home.  The kids were SO happy to be home. 









I've been slacking on the eating and working out for the past month.  I've just been so lazy.  I've been on and off the past few weeks with the calorie counting and working out.  We are just so busy.

Now we are just trying to get the house finished.  We've made some progress but we still have a long way to go.  I'll be painting all weekend, again.  Most of the work to be done is cosmetic but it all takes time.  Once we get the bathroom finished, the rest should be pretty easy.

We had originally planned to move in sometime in June but it looks like we won't make it in there until August.  Our goal date is August 15th but it very well could be the weekend after that.  We just have to be in by Labor Day because we are having a picnic that weekend.

So it's been crazy and busy but when isn't our life crazy or busy?!

I don't even know if anyone reads my blog anymore since I barely have time to post anything but if you do, I hope you all have a fun weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!