Skip to main content

Q & A: 16 Year Old Self

Original List of questions:  Q & A Questions List

List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self if you could.

10 is just not a big enough number.  How about 16 things I would tell my 16 year old self if I could:

1.  You are not fat.  In 15 years, when you've had a few kids, you will kill for the body that you have now so stop worrying about whether or not you're fat.  You're not! 

2.  These people you are surrounded by right now, they won't matter in 10 years.  Sure, you'll stay in contact with some of them, some will remain your friends, but most of them will not even remember your name in 10 years (nor will you remember theirs) so don't worry about them.

3.  Be more confident.  You don't find your confidence until you're much older and I can only imagine where you're be if you had found that confidence early on. 

4.  Stop trying to grow up.  You don't know it yet, but there will come a day when you wish you could go back to being 16, back to when picking out the first day of school outfit was the most important decision you would have to make.

5.  Don't be a bully.  In a year or two, you will have a falling out with one of your best friends and you will become the biggest bully to her.  In 15 years, bullying will be so bad that kids your age will actually kill themselves over it.  Be nice you big bully. 

6.  One day you will actually want to be a mom.  You can't even imagine it now but one day you will have beautiful children who you love more than anything in this world.

7.  You will deal with much harder things than your first break up.  You may think it's the end of your world right now but trust me when I say it is not.  You will experience pains that you could never have imagined experiencing before.  You will be bent so far that you feel like you are going to break.  But you won't.  I promise.

8.  By the age of 30, you will still not truly know what you want to do with your life.  You will think you have it all figured out and then change your mind.  You will work different jobs but never truly be happy with any of them.  You really love party planning so maybe try looking into that.  You also really love babies so that would be another awesome profession for you to look into.  An ultrasound tech, maybe?  A midwife?  I know it sounds gross now but trust me, you'll be more interested in it later.

9.  Try not to drink so much in your 20's.  You will like to drink and party a lot and you will do things that you are still embarrassed by years later so try to keep yourself in check on that one.  Have some fun but watch yourself. 

10.  Learn how to save money.  You will never be able to fully understand how important saving money can be.

11.  I know that you feel like everything your parents do is to make your life hell but they really are just trying to do what's best for you.  You'll learn this when you have kids of your own.

12.  Do your best to convince your parents that the snow is not that bad and the roads are good enough to travel on and that they can come to your college graduation.  This will be a very important day for you and will be angry with them for a long time for not coming. 

13.  The world will become a very cruel place.  You won't want to walk the streets alone.  You won't allow your children to ride their bikes around the neighborhood or walk to a friend's house unattended.  You will be fearful every day of something bad happening because really bad things are happening every single day and it's sad.

14.  Take religion a little more seriously.  Your parents aren't raising you to be religious so take upon yourself to take an interest.  There will come a day when you wish you had a little more faith to help you through some of the tough times. 

15.  That boy that you know, the one you call your best friend?  You will have so many ups and downs with that boy but you will marry him some day.  You done good with that one

16.  You will have an amazing life.  You may feel like you're all over the place right now but I promise you it won't always be like that.  There will come a day when you can't even believe how lucky you are to have done what you've done and to have what you have.  You'll drink too much, say things you don't mean, apologize a lot, gain friends, lose friends, travel, get married, have babies, lose babies, move a lot, hate life, love life and a million other things by the time you're 30.  Life is what YOU make of it.  Make it a happy one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse