Skip to main content

Q & A: A Typical Day

Original List of questions:  Q & A Questions List

Describe a typical day in your current life.

I hate to say it, but our days are pretty boring around here.

My husband leaves for work early every morning so he's gone before we get up.

Ashlyn is usually the first to wake and she always comes to my room to cuddle for a little before Bryan wakes up.  Once we are all up, we get dressed and the kids get their milk.  They don't usually like to eat breakfast right away so we wait a little for that. 

Once they do eat breakfast, Ashlyn usually sits at the dining room table coloring or doing some kind of craft.  Bryan either sits with her and colors or plays or he goes to the playroom to play.  Ashlyn will sit at the table all day long.  She loves to draw pictures and color.

I typically clean while they are coloring.  I usually get laundry started or clean up the kitchen from the night before.  I'm always vacuuming the house because of the dog hair.

Then we eat lunch.  After lunch, Bryan usually goes up for a nap but he's been skipping it lately.  Nap time is quiet time even though Ashlyn doesn't take one too.  This is usually the time she's allowed to work on things like painting or playing with her small beads.

Regardless of whether or not Bryan takes a nap, the afternoon is pretty much the same as the morning.  The kids play or craft.  They spend most afternoons in their playroom, which is why it's always a giant mess.

Once again, I'm either playing with them or cleaning.  Always cleaning.  Sometimes I'll take the time to blog or sometimes I have bills to pay or other things to do.

I typically don't start dinner until my husband comes home, just because I never know when he will actually be home and I hate having cold food.  If it's something that takes longer, I'll start it earlier but that's not typical.

So then we have dinner.  Ashlyn is always on a timer.  I know it sounds harsh but if we don't give her a time limit, she will sit there all night long and eat.  She's just a slow eater like I was as a kid.  If she finishes her meal in the time allotted, she's allowed to have a dessert.  The same goes for Bryan, but he usually eat his meal quickly.

After dinner, I clean up a little (put leftovers away, fill the dishwasher) but usually I just let the kitchen go until the next day.  The kids always want to play with Daddy after dinner so I usually catch up on putting laundry away or some other task that's easier to do when he's home.

If it's bath night, we go up for bath around 8.  We let the kids play for a while in the tub before we get them ready for bed.  If it's not bath night (usually every other) then we go up around 8:30.  The potty, brush teeth and then Ashlyn always wants to read a book.  The kids are usually in bed by 9 every night.

After the kids go to bed, I'll make my husband's lunch if I need to or clean up a little more.  It's not very often that we just get to sit and relax.  By the time I'm done, I just want to go to bed.

So that's it.  A typical day in the Miller household. 

What's your typical day look like?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse