Skip to main content

Baby Bear is Two Months Old!

So I realize I haven't made a blog post in a while.  Since I post a lot on IG and Facebook, I forget about this little space I have here.  I got Davis' birth story down and that was it.  He's kept me quite busy these past weeks and I couldn't be happier about that.

So let's update...

Baby Bear is TWO months old already! Actually he's three months old now but who's counting. 

Doctor's stats:

Weight 14lbs 2oz (90th %)
Height 23 3/8 inches (70th %)


The basics?

Diapers - Size 2
Clothing - 3-6 month and 6 month
Food - mostly formula
Sleeping - not enough!
Teeth - Zero teeth or signs of teething yet
Words - no words, just some coos now and then
Favorite toy - nothing yet, though he likes the sounds of some of the toys

I  can't believe how quickly this boy is growing.  He's so long and so chunky that he's already grown out of most of his 3 month clothing and is onto 3-6 or 6 month clothing.  And his chunky butt is in size 2 diapers already.  I'm thinking about switching to cloth since I still have a huge stash from Bryan so hopefully he doesn't have the same bad reaction Bryan did to cloth.

Sleeping has been challenging.  He typically goes to 'bed' around 11 and sleeps 3-4 hours, then he's awake pretty much every 2 hours on the dot.  During the day, he has awake periods of 30-60 minutes, followed by short naps and then he usually takes one long 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.  He's awake more in the evening but he seems to know when it's time for bed.  I'm lucky that he usually eats and goes right back to sleep with minimal fussing.  Now if I could just get him to sleep two four hour shifts instead of one, I wouldn't feel like such a zombie.

We've had a massive struggle with breastfeeding again this time around.  We did well in the beginning and I really thought we were going to be successful but it's not happening.  The more I would nurse and pump, the more my supply would diminish.  Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?  He's so used to a bottle now that nursing him is such a struggle because he fights me.  So now I nurse whenever I think he needs comfort rather than actual milk and I formula feed every other time. 

It's not what I want.  It makes me sad that my body doesn't do what it's supposed to do for him.  But I'm also not as worked up over it as I was last time.  I've got two toddlers running around and a baby to take care of.  I can't afford the frustration that comes along with this.  So I'm taking deep breaths and accepting the fact that I will have another formula fed baby.  Fed is best. 

He's been smiling for a few weeks now and he's starting to laugh at us more.  He's been cooing a lot more lately and I love it.  This is one of my favorite baby stages because baby coos are the cutest!

He typically prefers mama to everyone else.  Even my husband has to hand him over sometimes because he just prefers me.  Any time I leave him with my mom or grandmother while I go to an appointment, he's very fussy for them.  We need to work on that!

He's not much of a snuggler but he does like to be held. We bought an ergo for him and I'm so glad we did because I use it! Sometimes he does just like to sit with us and hang out but for the most part he really likes his vibrating chair.

He's turned out to be an amazing traveler just like his sister!  We went to Virginia over 4th of July weekend to visit friends and he was awesome.  He slept the whole car ride down, did really well when we took the kids to the zoo and then he slept 7 hours that night!  He was so happy the next day and did well on the ride home.  I'm so happy because Bryan was awful with this.  He wouldn't sleep anywhere but his own crib and traveling was always a struggle with him.


Overall he's an easy and happy baby.  He reminds me so much of his sister.  Ashlyn and Bryan have done really well adjusting to our new normal.  They help feed him, try to calm him when he cries, bounce him in his bouncy chair and try playing with him.  They are going to love it when he can play with them.

Pictures of my baby bear 






Oh my sweet little rainbow,

You are such a joy. Your little smiles and laughs are just golden. You have the fattest cheeks and I just love to kiss them all the time. You really are a mama's boy and I love it.

You love your brother and sister and always smile at them when they play with you. I can't wait to see how you grow with them and see what kind of a bond you have with them.

I wish you would sleep a little better but you really are such a good little baby boy. I don't think I could have asked for a better baby. I hope you know how much we love you little rainbow.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!