Skip to main content

Baby Bear is 10 Months Old!

I have totally dropped the ball with updates on baby bear.  I haven't posted anything since his 6 month update.  I completely missed posting on his 9 month update with all his stats.  I posted it on Instagram so I guess that counts.

Doctor's stats (from 9 month check up):

Weight 23.5lbs 4oz (92nd %)
Height 29 1/8 inches (75th %)


The basics?

Diapers - Size 4
Clothing - 18 or 24 month
Food - formula, anything we eat
Sleeping - still not enough
Teeth - 8 teeth!
Words - dadadada, nananana, mamamama
Favorite toy - puppy rattle, activity cube

Well this kid is huge!!  I packed away all of his 12 month clothing about a month ago already so he's wearing all 18 or 24 month clothing now.  I love seeing him in all of Bryan's old clothes.  I love his fat thighs and his big belly.  Fat babies make me happy!


His sleeping has still been pretty inconsistent.  He will have two great nights of sleeping all night and then two really bad nights of waking multiple times where I have to help him back to sleep.  He is sleeping in his crib and he seems way more comfortable there than he did in the pack and play.  He is teething again, early molars, but I'm really hoping he will begin sleeping consistently through the night here soon. 

He eats pretty much anything I give him.  He doesn't drink all that much milk anymore which should make weaning him off the bottle pretty easy.  He loves eggs, chicken, mac and cheese and turkey burger the best.  Kid also puts a hurting on cake and cookies.  I'm so surprised by how quickly he started eating solids. 

He decided he wanted to start crawling, climbing and pulling up all within about two weeks of each other.  He did the army crawl for the longest time and then finally started really crawling.  Now he's pulling up on anything and everything and has let go a few times.  I'm wondering if he'll start walking sooner than his siblings.  He really wants to keep up with them!

He spends a lot of time in the playroom with his brother and sister now.  He loves to be back there with them and dig around in things.  He likes that he can be close to them and play with them.  He gets into everything so the playroom is the safest place for him!

He's still pretty much just babbling.  He has looked at my husband and said dada a few times so I guess that counts.  Still says nanana non stop and he did finally start saying mama recently but he only said it a few times.  I can't wait for him to really start talking. 

He doesn't like the word no and throws little fits if he isn't getting his way.  I can't help but laugh at him sometimes.  He never lays still for a diaper change anymore and it's almost always a two person job.  One person distracts while the other changes.  The kids help a lot with this.

He claps, waves, kisses, mimics and plays peek a boo.  He still isn't hugging but he will lay his head down on my shoulder whenever I'm holding him and it's the sweetest.  4 hair cuts in ten months for this kid.

I'm starting to plan his first birthday party and it makes me so sad.  He's still a baby.  I can't believe that we will be celebrating a year with him in two months!

Pictures of my baby bear



 



 


Oh my sweet little rainbow,

 

Two short months until we celebrate your first birthday and I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.  It feels like just yesterday I was feeling your kicks in my belly.

You are learning so much right now.  You love to explore new things and get into trouble.  We really can't leave you alone anywhere anymore.  You love to play, especially with your siblings.  You're always watching them and wanting to do whatever they are doing.

You have a love for animals like I've never seen.  You're always watching the animals and trying to pet them if they are within arm's reach.  You're also always feeding them, dropping food off your tray and watching to see if they eat it.  They are going to get fat!

You're not much for cuddling but I love the way you lay your head down on my shoulder whenever you're tired or just need some comfort.  It's so sweet.  And I can't get enough of your sloppy kisses.

You're so happy to be mobile now.  You're so proud of yourself any time you pull yourself up on something.  I can't wait to see you toddle around with your siblings.  Once you're walking, we'll never be able to stop you!

You have filled our hearts with so much love these past ten months and we really can't imagine our lives without you my sweet little rainbow.

Happy 9 and 10 months baby bear!


 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse