Skip to main content

Ball Dropped

I have seriously dropped the ball on blog posts.  I have had ZERO time to post anything lately and I can't stand it!  I use social media to keep track of the age updates, milestones, parties, cute happenings.  I don't mind that but I miss my blog space.  I miss writing.  I really want to get back into my blog space.  I just have to find the time.

Some randoms right now:

*Ashlyn turned 5 last December and I never blogged about it.  I blew up IG and FB about it but I didn't make a blog post.  I have a draft but I never finished it.  She was sick on her birthday and we had to postpone her party for a week.  But her party was awesome.  She invited all of her preschool friends to her skating party and when Elsa showed up, she was totally blown away.  It turned out to be everything I had dreamed of for her first big party.

And now she's almost 6.  And she's just started kindergarten.  And she's got some serious sass.  And she is still the most amazing, kind, beautiful little girl I've ever laid my eyes on.





*Bryan just turned 4.  I can't even comprehend that.  We had a small party at home for him with just some family members and he had a great time.  He chose Star Wars as his theme because our church's VBS was Star Wars themed and he's been obsessed ever since.

He's also started preschool.  He's not a big fan but he will get there.  He loves his teacher and knows her well since he saw her every day we dropped Ashlyn off last year.  I'm really hoping the structure of preschool will help with his attitude.  He's been pretty awful lately with his tantrums and talking back.  He keeps us on our toes, for sure, but he really is the sweetest little boy.

*Davis is almost 16 months old.  He's growing like a weed and learning just as fast.  He's so smart!  I love to watch him explore.  He's always getting into things he's not supposed to and if I didn't laugh, I'd go insane! 

My little rainbow guy has helped to heal my heart so much.  I still long for my angel baby.  I still think about him every day.  But Davis has really taken ahold of all of our hearts.  He's so sweet and so cute.  He loves his siblings and he's the best with the dogs.  He's always cuddling with a dog. 

*We have lived in our house for 2 years now.  We are still working on things.  Still trying to complete projects.  It's not perfect but it's ours.  We live in a great school district and even though we are a bit off the beaten path, we are still very close to everything we need.  We have big plans for this house of ours.

My husband installed a huge pond over the summer.  I was surprised by how big it was when he first did it but I'm getting used to it.  We added some koi fish and I'm obsessed!  I love to watch the fish.  It's nice to hear the waterfalls, especially at night.  My husband is amazing at what he does.

*I'm trying to get myself on track with my diet and exercise.  My best friend's wedding is in a month and a half so I need to get in gear with some weight loss.  I haven't been very strict with anything but I know I need to be.  I want to lose weight but I also want to feel good again.  I'm so tired all of the time and I know it's because I don't have myself in any kind of routine.  I just need to jump in and get myself started!

*Our cat died this year.  He was 18.  He was the first pet that Bryan and I ever had together.  He was a good cat.  He tolerated our other animals and our kids.  We knew he was getting older and the possibility of him getting sick was getting greater and greater but we still weren't expecting him to turn so quickly.  The kids kept asking us when Joey was coming back.  I miss his little meow every time I get the cheese out of the fridge.

*I'm not sure what else to add right now.  I hope that I can get back into the swing of blogging now that the kids are in school.  I should have a little more time to get on here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse