Skip to main content

Ashlyn 7.0

Ashlyn turned 7!

I'm not sure how this happened.  How have I been a parent for 7 years already?  How did my sweet, little, easy-going baby turn into a sassy 7 year old?  I can't stand it!

Ashlyn had a fantastic birthday.

We took her to our local pottery painting store, compliments of her Aunt Arlena.  She chose to paint a unicorn and a plate.  She painted her plate in rainbow colors with a smiley face on it.  She painted her unicorn in all different colors, which may not have been the best idea as it turned out a bit of a nightmare, literally.  She had a great time, though, and loved being able to spend time with her Aunt Arlena, Nana and Mama.







After her painting party, she came home to a house full of people for her party.  We had a small party at home with just our close family and friends.  She chose a unicorn theme for her party and it turned out ridiculously adorable.

She ate, played with her friends, blew out her candles, opened her presents, played with her friends some more and had a fantastic time.





I'm so blown away by how amazing this little girl is.  She's the kindest little soul I've ever known.  She's such a good big sister to her brothers, always checking on them when they get hurt and always making sure they have what they need.

She's SO SMART.  She's excelling at school in ways we never thought possible.  She's always getting praise from her teacher for how kind she is.  She absolutely loves school and we have never had a doubt that she would.

Excuse the photo.  It was taken at the end of the night when she was completely wiped out!  But she had a great 7th birthday and we couldn't be more proud to call this little girl ours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse