Skip to main content

Update 06/23/11

How far along: 15 weeks
Size of baby: Size of an apple
Maternity Clothes: I haven't bought any new maternity clothes since my last shopping trip. I have found a dress or two in my closet that are actually perfect for me right now though!
Gender: Still unknown!!
Movement: Although the baby is moving around in there, I still can't feel a thing as far as I know.
What I miss: My energy! I am still so very tired.
Cravings: Spaghetti, chips, cheese curls, sweets!
Symptoms: I'm still very tired all of the time and I am still getting headaches. This past week has been worse than most because I have been feeling sick every morning and Monday morning I even threw up my bagel! I hope this isn't a sign of things to come :(

I haven't been feeling well at all this past week. Breakfast has become a thing of the past since I threw up my routine bagel on Monday. Not sure what's going on with that but I'm sure it's all part of the process. Fortunately it's only been in the mornings that I haven't been feeling well.

I am finding more and more things that turn my stomach. I have tried eating all kinds of meat with no success. Chicken, steak, pork. The only thing I can eat on occasion is hamburger which I don't really like all that much. I had ham for the first time last night and that wasn't too bad. Looks like we might have a vegetarian on our hands! I seem to crave starches: pasta, potatoes, things like that. Maybe that means it's a girl? Here's hoping!

We are still struggling with a name for a little girl. I think we have both agreed to just hold off on the names until we find out for sure what the sex of the baby is. Why stress out about it if we don't have to?

The baby gear search has begun. I started a series called "Essential Gear for Baby's First Six Weeks". It details all of the things you might need for your little baby. So I'm going through each item and looking for some of these items. I found a beautiful crib set, an adorable stroller and matching car seat, a playard, swing and highchair, and of course all kinds of clothes. I am things for little baby boys and baby girls just in case. It's a lot of fun shopping for baby gear!

We have completely outgrown our house so my husband has brought my attention to a house that he would like for us to buy. It's much larger than the house we live in now, which is awesome. It needs a lot of work, which all needs to be completed by November if we want to be settled in before the baby comes. I'm nervous because of how much work is needed but the house really is perfect for us. The best part of the house is the massive detached garage that comes with it. It's the perfect place for my husband to run his business. And the house has a large addition to the back that would be perfect for a family room.

I'm not much of a visionary so all I see is a very dirty house that needs a lot of work. I told my husband that if we do buy the house, I don't want to see it until November when it's finished! I think that will make me less nervous about the whole situation. Of course he likes the idea because that means he gets total control over the project. I think I can manage it from a distance!

Next appointment is July 5th so I think I will post my next update then. I post a new section of baby gear every day so keep an eye out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches