Skip to main content

8 Things You Should Never Say to Your Husband

Another off-topic article I wanted to share.

8 Things You Should Never Say to Your Husband

Read the article for details but here's the list and my take on them:

1. "You’re just like your father" - Never, ever, ever!! I'm sure I have said, "you sound like your father" but never that he is just like his father because, in all honesty, he is nothing like his father. He is nothing like his mother either. I always tell him that I just don't know where he came from!

2. "When are you going to find a new job?" - My husband has never really had an issue with his job. He has had plenty of jobs that he didn't like but he has always just dealt with them. He has a tough time with his business now but it's not about finding a new job, it's about doing what makes him happy. So I will tell him that if he isn't happy with what he is doing that she should do something else.

3. "My mother warned me you’d do this!" - I don't know that I have ever said this to my husband either. I generally tell my husband everything so even if my mother says something negative about my husband, I usually just tell him instead of throwing it in his face later. My mother has learned to keep her opinions to herself in some matters so this usually isn't an issue.

4. "Just leave it––I’ll do it myself!" - I used to use this one....A LOT! It's a little hard for me to use this now that I am pregnant and rely on my husband more. He has also stepped up his game and has been doing laundry and dishes. I did recently tell him not to do the dishes if he couldn't clean them correctly after taking a dirty dish out of the cabinet. Probably falls in this same category!

5. "You always... [fill in the blank] or "You never... [fill in the blank]" - I am guilty of using these terms although I can't remember the last time I used them. I can't use "you're never home" anymore because he is actually home more than I am right now.

6. "Do you really think those pants are flattering?" - I don't think I have ever said these words exactly. I try to be delicate when it comes to my husband's weight. When he was younger, he was chubby. He lost a ton of weight and then I thought he was too skinny. Then, once he hit his 20's, he started gaining weight again and has never been able to get back down to his smaller size. He is in NO WAY fat but he is uncomfortable with his weight so I try to be delicate about it. Of course I'd be lying if I said I never said anything insulting.

7. "Ugh, we’re hanging out with him again?" - Oh yea, this has ME written all over it! I can't help it! I'm pregnant and these crazy hormones make me say crazy things so I would rather not surround myself with people I don't really like. Selfish? Yes. But also honest.

8. "Please watch the kids. But don’t do this, take them here or forget that..." - I haven't had the chance to do this one yet. But I'm sure once the baby is here, even after reading this, I will say this. Although, my husband will be taking the baby pretty much everywhere with him so I can't really tell him not to take her anywhere. I do say "don't forget" a lot but that's because my husband forgets everything! And even when he says, "I won't forget," he still forgets!

Bottom line is, remember these things before you get ready to say them. You may not understand the impact you are having on your husband by saying things like this. And really, how would i feel if my husband said things like this to me? I would be furious!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches