Skip to main content

Update 10/31/11

How far along: 33 weeks 6 days, 43 days to go!
Size of baby: The size of a honeydew!
Maternity Clothes: Nothing new recently!
Gender: Baby Girl!
Movement: Lots and lots!
What I miss: My energy!
Cravings: I'm not really craving much of anything.
Symptoms: A lot of aches and pains going on but nothing serious!

So first off, it looks like the doctor is still sticking with my original due date of December 21st. They say I'm at 32 weeks, 5 days instead of 33 weeks, 6 days. I'm going to keep writing my posts at the newer due date of December 13th since I'm hoping she comes early anyway!

Second, they did an ultrasound today. It was nice to see my Little Miss again except they did tell me that Little Miss is not so little. She is already weighing in at 6 pounds!!! I have 6 weeks left and she is supposed to gain 1/2 pound a week. That puts her at 9 pounds at birth! I wanted to smack my husband!

I was only a 6 pound baby. He immediately called his Mom who told him that he was 9 pounds 3 ounces. Are you kidding me? It wasn't bad enough that I was having anxiety about pushing a kid out at all but now a 9 pound kid?! All I have to say is that epidural better be waiting for me when I get there!

It's no wonder why everyone keeps asking about my belly size and making comments about how big I am. It doesn't make it right but it's no wonder! It's also no wonder that my husband doesn't think I'm going to make it to my due date. I can only hope!

Not too many developments in the past week. I'm still feeling very tired all of the time. I just feel like I can't get enough sleep! My husband has been very good about letting me rest and take naps. Other than that, I still don't feel too bad. My wrists are killing me and the doctor told me to go get wrists braces to sleep in to help with that.

My husband's 30th birthday is only 5 days away! I can't wait! The little jerk did guess what his other birthday surprise was though. He has been wanting to try paint balling so I set up a day of paintball for him and a few friends. I hope he has fun.

The house is coming along. We wanted to have all of our stuff moved into the bedroom and living room by the end of the weekend but the snow we got put that off. Bryan was gone pretty much all day Saturday doing snow removal so that sucked. It also sucks that he has to do the house by himself. I can't really help him do too much and none of our friends have really offered to come help so it's tough.

I'm still so taken back by the news of this 6 pounds I'm carrying around that I don't even know what else to say! Here are some pictures of the little behemoth from today's ultrasound:

Side profile

Her giant foot


My next update will be next week at 34/35 weeks. My next doctor's appointment is 11/15 and I think after that I go back every week. It's just moving so quickly!

I also want to make a quick shout out to "An Ordinary Mom". Check out her blog here. She is going through a very difficult time right now with her oldest son who had a brain tumor removed recently. Please send your love to her and her family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse