Skip to main content

Being Pregnant Sucks! (well it sucks this week)

This week has been getting progressively worse so I thought I'd share some of my thoughts about being pregnant this week.

So let's see....I'm 33 weeks and 3 days and I have 46 days to go. My belly is HUGE! This can't be normal for 33 weeks. I mean, it's just huge. And my Mom keeps telling me that it's going to get a whole lot bigger! How much bigger can it possibly get?! Let me give you the dialogue at Wal-mart the other night:

Check-out Girl: When are you due?
Me: December
Check-out Girl: December? I was thinking more like tomorrow! Ahahahaha
Me: Walked away instead of punching her in the face

Just another example of people being ignorant. I guess the nice part is that my pants aren't getting any tighter so at least I know I'm not growing a bigger butt too!

See it's huge! Yes I'm in the bathroom at work LOL

What's with the wrist pain? Seriously?! I have had the worst pain in my wrists all week. I can't really hold a pen with my right hand and typing is a bit of a struggle. I put ice on my wrist last night but that didn't really help. It's really limiting my mobility. My middle finger on my left hand hurts too. Has to be the middle finger!

Ah...what else? Oh yea, let's not forget about the waking up in the middle of the night because my chest is on fire! I try to limit my liquid intake after 7pm so that I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. It generally works pretty well but now I'm waking up with the worst heartburn pain ever instead! The ultrasound tech at the 3D place said that heartburn is generally triggered by a baby with a lot of hair. She better come out with an Afro!

Pretty sure the waking up in the middle of the night is what's causing me to fall asleep at my desk during the day. I am SO tired! I think I'm more tired now than I was in my first trimester! Last night I was falling asleep by 8pm and I think I brushed my teeth at 9. And I can't drag myself out of bed in the mornings.

I've also been waking up with headaches, or I get one by lunch. I had a brief run-in with the headaches early on but they went away pretty quickly. Why are they back?!

I can't stand for, well, any period of time anymore and I get short of breath just having a conversation. And I mean it when I say I think Little Miss is practicing for the Fight Club. She kicks so hard sometimes that I think she is going to damage some internal organs. I call her my little worm because she moves constantly.

Of course that's still the best part of the pregnancy. I still smile every time I feel her move. I still love to just sit and watch my belly move along with her. If I could have that without all the other crap, I would be a happy momma!

My husband is still predicting that Little Miss is going to get here early. I would love for her to come early, but maybe only a week or two early, not a month like he is predicting! My Mom and Grandmother bought us the crib and mattress and gave it to us already so if she does come early, at least she will have a place to sleep!

One positive: I have a great Halloween costume. My husband and I don't do Halloween. We both hate the holiday and think it's pretty pointless. I always want to dress the pugs up in cute little costumes but I want to do that every day so it's not really relevant. But I think we are going to a Halloween party Saturday night for no other reason than it's a friend of my husband's and he hasn't seen him in a while. Of course we are not dressing up but if someone asks me what I'm supposed to be (the classic question when someone can't figure out what you are dressed as), I think I have a pretty good answer.

Ok, I just wanted to vent a bit. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday so I'll post another update after that appointment.

Comments

  1. Maybe the turkey will be cooked enough by Thanksgiving! Poor thing! I was very lucky. And...you are not HUGE! I think you look fantastic. But let me tell ya...just when you feel like if someone as much as touched your belly, you would pop like a big balloon....some how...some way....it gets bigger! Although with the last one, i gained about 19 lbs before the 7 month, and never gained any more. And they predicted a small baby, and he was a monstrous 9 lbs. He was sooo big, he kicked and actually bruised my liver, and yes that hurts. The pain in your wrists is probably Corple Tunnel which is quite common during pregnancy due to swelling. You need a nice day at the spa. Tell hubby to get on this. Feel better, and enjoy the cooler weather!!!!Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse