Skip to main content

Weekend Update

I had a crazy weekend! I can't even remember what my husband and I did Friday night so I will just start with Saturday. I got to spend the entire day with the bride of this Saturday's wedding and her ex sister in law, who we will call Ex Sil.

We had a dress fitting, then breakfast, then shopping (I got some really cute stuff from Old Navy), then wedding errands, then dinner and then, just waiting around for our husband's to get back from the bachelor party. It was a very long day but it was fun.

I like spending time with Ex Sil because she is pregnant too and her due date is exactly one month behind mine! It's fun talking with her about baby stuff. She has chosen not to find out the sex of the baby. I give her and her husband a lot of credit because there is no way my husband and I could do that! They have the cutest little names picked out though!

The groom had his bachelor party Saturday night and Ex Sil's husband my husband went so it was convenient for us to get some wedding stuff done for the bride. I think she is all set for Saturday! It's going to be so much fun but I'm going to try to rest as much as possible this whole week so I can make it through the day!

Sunday was a long day too. My husband and I weren't feeling all that great when we woke up so we did not go to church. We relaxed for a bit before heading out for some breakfast and then to a furniture store.

Our living room is finished and we have moved our bedroom furniture into the living room while my husband works on the bedroom. That's great except we had no new bedroom furniture or living room furniture to fill the rooms back up with! We don't have that problem anymore!

We bought a couch and love seat, an entire bedroom set and an entertainment center. The bedroom set came with a lot of furniture that we can also use elsewhere in the house so I think the only things we need now are a coffee table, kitchen table and chairs and throw rugs for all of the rooms, excluding the baby's room.

I can't wait until the baby's room is all painted and ready to go! We are painting the walls brown and then we are getting big pink polka dots to put on the walls. It's going to be so cute!

We feel like we are finally starting to make progress with the remodeling. We have so much more work to do and very little time to do it! I just hope we (by we I mean my husband) can get it all done before Little Miss gets here. I'll post some pictures of the house once it's finished and furnished.

Volunteers are welcomed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse