Skip to main content

16 Weeks!!!

Wow! My last post was at 13 weeks?! I am seriously slacking! We have just been so busy that I haven't had a single second to provide an update! I have two or three drafted blog posts but can't find the time to get to them! I think it's time to provide all the little details about the past few weeks.

Well, my little baby girl is now 16 weeks old. I can't believe that she is 16 weeks old. I can't believe how big she is already. I can't believe the changes that have occurred just over the past few weeks. I can't believe that on Friday she will be 17 weeks old. And then next Friday, 18 weeks. And oh my.....where has the time gone?!

Baby girl is SO much more independent now. She would much rather lay than be held. On the couch, on her play mat, in her crib. Doesn't really matter where just as long as there is something around to keep her attention. She is grabbing her toys more and more and seems to actually want to chew on play with them! She is also sitting up pretty well as long as she has some support and she holds her head up on her own pretty well.

She still chews on her hands and her favorite pacifier happens to be my finger. She spits out most pacifiers but she loves my finger for some reason. She has also discovered her feet. I love when she is laying in her bassinet or playard because she throws her feet up in the air and that's the only thing you can see!



Boy does she love to talk! It's actually more like screaming now. She just goes on these little rampages where she just yells and yells for no reason. She isn't crying, she's just yelling. It's actually pretty funny. Daddy doesn't think it's funny when he's on the phone with a client but I do! But then she has her quiet talk times, which I love the most.

She also laughs like crazy! I LOVE her laugh!! Sometimes it's tickling her belly, sometimes it's making a funny face, sometimes it's a simple as saying Hi to her. The laugh is infectious and I love it. She still gets a big smile on her face when someone says Hi to her or tells her she is pretty. Who doesn't love baby smiles?

Fortunately, my little angel is still sleeping like a little rock at night. We had a few days of waking up around 4am but I think that's because we gave her some oatmeal to try and her belly just didn't like it and partially because she had a cold. Otherwise, she is in bed by 10pm (sometimes by 9 or 9:30 if she's really tired) and waking up any time between 5:30am and 7am. Sometimes she is so tired that she actually starts to fall asleep in the bath tub!

She has officially grown out of her 3 month clothing. It literally happened over night. Last week her 3 month clothes fit just fine. Now, they are just not long enough for her. She is wearing 3 to 6 month or just 6 month clothing now. Fortunately we have a ton of cute outfits in 6 month for her to wear. I will have to buy her some new PJ's though.

Ashlyn loves to spend time with her friend Maya. At least I think she does! They are so cute together! Maya is just the sweetest little thing. She is a full 2 months ahead of Ashlyn so it's exciting to see what Ashlyn will be doing in 2 months!


Ashlyn gets her first professional photos taken this weekend and I'm so excited!! It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend. My camera phone now has 602 pictures on it, 200 more than the last time I posted a blog. I can't believe I take that many photos but she is just so cute!! I can't help it!

Pictures of my Baby Girl:







My little Baby Girl, you are such a sweet angel. You always know how to make Mommy smile. I am always so excited to get home to you at night. I love to make you smile and laugh and it always makes me so happy that I just want to cry!

Your eyes are still a beautiful deep blue and your hair is still the same brown color as mine. You hair is starting to curl a bit like Mommy's so we think you will have long, thick hair just like Mommy. You are growing so quickly. At four months, you are wearing 6 month clothing!

You still love your vibrating chair but you also love to lay and play. Your favorite toy so far has been Bertie the butterfly because her wings crinkle and she makes a sound like a wind chime. You also seem to like Hattie, the laughing Hippo!

The past sixteen weeks have been nothing but amazing. I am so lucky that I get to wake up every morning to your smiling face. You are teaching us so much and we are having so much fun learning from you! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and we can't imagine our lives without you!

My BEAUTIFUL 16 week old Baby Girl!


We wound up sending Ashlyn to daycare. This is her second week. As of now, she is daycare full time but we hope to change that to part time soon. I was so anxious about it at first. I am still anxious about it but now that we have survived a week, I am getting better about it. It helps that the daycare we chose has someone I know working in the infant room. I can text her at any time to check in so that helps a lot!

I'm still not ok with daycare. I still hate that someone else gets to spend more time with my baby girl than I do. I don't think I would mind so much if she went part time but full time? That's a little much for me.

I am still overwhelmed by the amount of love I have for this little girl. She always makes me smile. I am also still trying to talk my husband into giving Ashlyn a sibling sooner. He's still not biting but we'll work on him.

We have completely outgrown our house, and plan to really outgrow it by next year! My husband has his eye on a 13 acre 'farmette', as he likes to call it. I want the bigger house, he wants the land. We will see what happens but we both know that we have to move.

Ashlyn is due for her 4 month check-up on April 18th. Irony: April 18th of last year is when I took my first pregnancy test! The Day Our Lives Changed Isn't it amazing how quickly the time passes.

Comments

  1. wow!! i can't believe that was a year ago and she is already 4 months!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!