Skip to main content

4 Month Checkup

Ashlyn had her 4 month check up 4/18 so I figured it would be a great time for an update.  So much has happened the past few weeks so I will make a few posts to break it all up.  She is now 19 weeks old and I can't believe how big she is!  She weighed in at 15lbs (75th percentile), which is awesome considering I thought she was going to be at least 17lbs.  She hasn't even doubled her birth weight yet, which is great since we thought we were feeding her too much!

The real kicker is that she is 26 inches long (95th percentile).  That means that only 5% of babies are longer than my little girl.  And people wonder why I call her my amazon baby.  Daddy says she is going to be a basketball player, which really sucks because we don't like basketball!  In any case, she is long baby!

She did much better with her shots this time too.  She got three shots just like she did last time but this time her feeding schedule worked in our favor.  We fed her while she was getting her shots!  She cried a little bit every time she got stuck, progressively worse each time, but then she realized she was eating and focused on that.  It definitely helped Mommy's heart that she didn't cry a whole lot.

She was much happier after her shots this time too.  Last time, she was a little cranky and slept most of the day.  This time, she was her normal, happy self.  We went shopping for some clothes for her and some clothes for me and she was awesome!  These appointments are getting easier and easier!  Her next appointment is in June for her 6 month check up.  She will only get 2 shots at that appointment so hopefully it won't be too bad!

She is such a big girl now.  She chews on everything!  The second she gets it in her hands, it goes into her mouth!  She plays with a toy for a minute, then chews on it for a minute.  It's how she rolls.  One of the funniest (and cutest) things she does is when I'm trying to brush her hair.  She grabs hold of my arm and then looks at me and smiles.  Then she tries to eat it!  She is a funny girl!

She holds her head up so well now.  I can actually hold her off to the side without having to hold her head in one hand.  She also sits on the couch pretty well as long as you prop her in a corner.  If she's laying down, she's latched onto her feet.  It's inevitable.  She loves her feet.     

Her yelling talking is still pretty crazy and she hasn't formed any kinds of words just yet.  She says 'goo' a lot but then she mostly just yells.  She still laughs a lot.  All we ever do is try to make her laugh because, let's face it, there is nothing better for us in this world now than the sound of our daughter's laughter!

She has had a stuffy/runny nose for a few weeks now and the doctor is thinking it might be allergies.  We were really hoping she wouldn't have any with all of the animals we have but we shall see.  I'm still betting that it's a cold and goes away soon.  Turns out she also has cradle cap.   Boy is that gross!  But no big deal.  It's almost gone already.  Never thought I'd be using Head and Shoulders on my baby but oh well!

I've had fun shopping for new PJ's and outfits for her.  I just packed up all of her NB and 3 month clothing.  2 large pink bins now reside in her closet and await the next baby.  Half of the clothes are still brand new and were never worn!! 

One of her favorite times is bath time because she loves to be naked! Although we know many babies like to be naked, this concerns us just a bit.  She could be in total panic mode but as soon as we start taking the clothes off, she calms down.  Fun times. 

I also think she is starting to form her attachments.  It seems like she wants me to hold her but still has to be able to see Daddy. 

Ashlyn had her first professional photos taken on the 7th and I can't wait to get them!!  It was a beautiful day and she gave us such good smiles!!  She lasted for about 45 minutes.  Then she said no.  I saved my camera phone pictures to my computer and deleted about 150 photos but I'm back up to 573.  I can't help it.

Sneak preview of her photo shoot:



When I get all of the photos back I will post a blog with all of the pictures and the details of how I met the photographer, where the photos were taken, how baby girl did.  All of that good stuff!

Pictures of my Baby Girl:


 
 
 
 
  

My little Baby Girl, you are such a beautiful little girl.  I am always so excited to get home to you each night because you always know how to make me smile.  You melt my heart every time you smile and laugh.  You are nothing but amazing.

You still have those beautiful blue eyes and your dark brown hair.  You haven't lost a single strand of it!  I love to put bows in your hair and you don't seem to mind it too much.  You are growing so quickly. At four months, you are wearing 6 month clothing!

You don't care about your vibrating chair as much but when you are sitting in it, you like to have your toy bar because you love to play now!  Your favorite toy so far has been Bertie the butterfly because her wings crinkle and she makes a sound like a wind chime. You also seem to like Hattie, the laughing Hippo!


I am amazed by how much you change ever day.  How much bigger you get.  How much more active you are.  How attached you are becoming. 

The past nineteen weeks have been nothing but amazing. I am so lucky that I get to wake up every morning to your smiling face. I am going to make you a sign for your room that says "So many of my smiles begin with you" because they really do!  You are teaching us so much and we are having so much fun learning from you! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and we can't imagine our lives without you!

My BEAUTIFUL 19 week old Baby Girl!

Daycare is ok.  She has been there for a month now and it hasn't been any easier for me to let her go each morning.  I think we are going to try to either drop her to part time or take her out completely.  There is nothing wrong with the daycare we chose.  It's a nice facility, nice people and we know the woman taking care of her.  We just don't like it. 

All I do is think about her all day long.  I wonder what she is doing and how she is feeling.  I don't like not knowing these things.  She is always so happy in the morning and that makes it one million times harder to ship her off to daycare!  She looks at me with those bright blue eyes and just smiles and I immediately want to call off work and stay home with her! 

I am still overwhelmed by the amount of love I have for this little girl. My friends think it's fun to watch the changes taking place in me since this little girl has come into my life (See Oh The Changes We Have Made). I could never have believed that I could be so attached to anyone in my life.  I mean, I'm not hold-her-24/7* or sleep-in-her-nursery** crazy attached.  It's just a different kind of feeling having a child and I never expected it.  I am still trying to talk my husband into giving Ashlyn a sibling sooner. He's still not biting but we'll work on him.

I have so many things to catch up on so there will be quite a few blogs posted this week.  We have to re-cap Easter and post pictures of Ashlyn in her adorable Easter outfits.  Then we have the Flyer's win in the first round of playoffs and all of Ashlyn's Flyers photos.  Then there's a post on all of the cool things I want to do for Ashlyn (via Pinterest).  Then we will also have her photo shoot post.  I am so behind!

We have completely outgrown our house, and plan to really outgrow it by next year! My husband has his eye on a 13 acre 'farmette', as he likes to call it. I want the bigger house, he wants the land. We will see what happens but we both know that we have to move.

Irony: April 18th of last year is when I took my first pregnancy test! The Day Our Lives Changed Isn't it amazing how quickly the time passes.

To my husband:  H2YA
(I think he can figure out what this means)

*I wanted to hold my baby girl 24/7 too but you have to put them down sometime! 

**I'm not even going to apologize to any Moms who do this because unless your baby is severely sick, it's just creepy!  And if your baby is sick, I would go with the bassinet in the bedroom. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!