Skip to main content

Go BIG or Stay Home?

I am having a ridiculously hard time deciding what to do about Baby Girls' first birthday, which is only 103 days away.  Yes, in a little over 3 months, my little angel will be turning a year old and I can't believe it.  I am stunned by how quickly this time is moving and so sad to see my tiny tater tot turning into a big girl right before my eyes!
 
So the question is...do we go
 

BIG

 
or stay home? 
 
Go BIG = rent a space, make some food, hang some decorations, make some party favors, invite everyone, have a blast.
 
Stay home = cut the list to close family and friends ONLY and keep it simple with some food trays and cake. 
 
Even cutting the list to close family and friends, we are looking at 10-20 people, which means we would probably still have to have it at my Mom's house because our house is just way too small.  So, do we just bite the bullet and rent some space and invite everyone?
 
What did you all do for your baby's first birthday?  Or what are you planning? 
 
 
Regardless, here are some ideas I have for the first birthday :)

There will be no Disney character themes.  No Dora.  No Disney Princess.  Sorry, I'm just not into it.  And since she isn't old enough to tell me otherwise, it's not happening.  Instead, I'm thinking of something more personalized.
I think it's adorable!  The party will be alphabet themed.  And since I want to make her a personalized alphabet book, this would be a great theme to kick that off.  We could take tons of pictures at the birthday party and some of her friends can be in the book too!


 
I'm not sure about favors yet.  I'm a big fan of mints.  For my husband's 30th, I left everyone a box with the 30th birthday mints in them and stickers that said 'Thank you for joining us.'  For Baby Girl's Dedication, I did organza bags tied with cute pink and gray ribbon with mints.  Maybe I'll try something different this time.  Like chocolate lollipops or cake pops.  I think I can make the cake pops myself. 

 


As for decorations, I will be going with pink and gray and something polka dot related, of course.  I definitely think I want to have one of those clothes lines with pictures hanging from it.  I love that idea.  Each pin would be for a different month, creating the first 12 months of her life. 

 
 

While I would love to get her a really fancy cake that's done up all pretty, she's just going to smash it so what's the point?  I will try to make her (or buy her) something cute but everyone else is getting cupcakes.  They are just way easier.  Loving these cakes!

 

 
Oh, and her outfit?  Yea, this is it right here. 

 
No question about it.
 
 

Share your thoughts!!!  Go BIG or stay home?


Comments

  1. I always think staying at home for 1st and 2nd birthday parties is the way to go because they're to young to remember. :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that's the way I'm leaning. When it's the first few years, it's more for the parents than for the kids!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches