Skip to main content

My oh My...How the Time Flies!

I can't believe that in exactly 4 months I will have a one year old!  Why is all of this time just flying by?  I mean, my pregnancy felt like it took FOREVER but these last 8 months?  Gone.......In.the.blink.of.an.eye. 

The basics?

Diapers - size 3, still using the generics from Wal-Mart.
Clothing - 6 to 9 month and some 12 month. Even some 18 month stuff depending on how it's made!
Food - stage 2 baby foods and some 'adult' foods like mashed potatoes and easily dissolvable crackers and breads.  I want to start giving her more fruit now that she has some teeth!
Sleeping - pretty well.  She was having some issues with being sick and with teething but she has been sleeping pretty well lately.
Daycare - still ok. Hoping to get her out soon, or at least only send her part time.
Camera roll - 965 pictures, 132 downloads (I deleted some)
Teeth - 2 bottoms so far.  2 tops might be coming soon!
Words - Da Da, Ma Ma, Na Na

Baby Girl is still big into rolling wherever she wants. She sits up on her own now and she gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth but she refuses to crawl. Instead, she lays on her belly and pushes herself backwards across our hardwoods. That's how she gets around. It's actually quite entertaining.

The playpen has been moved into our bedroom and it has been used quite often over the past month. Baby Girl had gotten another ear infection and then another cold so she has been sleeping in our room for a while. She also had this weird phase of crying in the middle of the night. Not waking, just crying. As soon I would stick the pacifier in her mouth, she would stop. I'm not sure if she was having bad dreams or teething or what but it was so much easier to just roll over and help her out with her pacifier. She went back into her room/crib last night and she slept just fine so hopefully she will remain healthy and stay in there!

She's not into her bouncer as much now. Maybe it's because she's in it a lot at daycare or maybe she just wants other things to do. I don't know but the security of her in that bouncer is pretty much gone. It's really hard to get things done now.

Pictures of my sweet Baby Girl:

This is Baby Girl trying to grab my phone as I'm trying to take a picture of her.  I'm pretty sure she's going to be very tech savvy.  She is always grabbing for my phone and loves the TV remote.

Oh yea, she got the phone.

This is Baby Girl throwing her first penny in the fountain at our local mall.  She wouldn't let go of the Penny so Daddy had to shake it out of her hand!

This picture was sent to me by Miss Jenn, Ashlyn's daycare care taker.  I love getting pictures like this from Jenn because it reassures me that my little girl is being taken care of.



This was at dinner.  She sat in the booth like a big girl.  She sits better in the booth than she does in one of their crappy high chairs.

Little baby in a big bed, cuddling with the Pugs.

Momma painted her toenails!

Daddy's trying to get Baby Girl to ride the dog.


My little Baby Girl...You are growing up so quickly! 

 8 weeks
 8 months

You are developing quite the personality as you are becoming much more clingy and much more demanding.  You are very curious about everything, especially food!  You always want to eat what Mommy and Daddy are eating and you will yell at us until we give you some!  We are very particular with what we feed you, though, so you don't always get your way!

You still have the best smile and the best laugh.  I have never heard a more infectious laugh.  You are going to be quite the spoiled child because every time you look at me with those big blue eyes, my heart just melts. 

Your favorite toy right now seems to be this little lamb we found in one of your toy bins.  You love to chew on its ears!  You also like your links because you can make noise with them and chew on them and you seem to like the new rock-n-roll toy we got you.

You still get to see your Nana on a regular basis and you have the best time together.  She just loves spending time with you and we are thinking of letting you have a sleepover with her sometime soon!  We are hoping to get your 8 month photos done soon and I want Nana and Gran to be a part of them.

Daddy and I can't believe how ridiculously lucky we are to call you our daughter. We never thought it would be this easy to be parents but you are just so easy going and happy. We have such a hard time letting you go every day and we are so excited to get back to you every night. We love you so much and we can't imagine our lives without you!

My BEAUTIFUL 8 month old Baby Girl:
Daddy took the picture this month so it's not the best.


We have been so busy the past few months that I have hardly had any time at all to blog.  I'm not sure things are going to slow down any time soon so I don't know how much I'll be able to post but I'll try to keep things updated!

Comments

  1. the cuddling in bed with the dogs is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves to sleep in our bed. She isn't allowed to do it very often so when she gets the chance, she really soaks it in lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches