Skip to main content

Smorgasboard

I haven't had much time to sit and write any posts lately.  I have been trying to keep up with the weekly link ups I participate in and the updates on Baby Girl but I haven't posted much of anything else.  So here is smorgasboard of shtuff that has been going on...

~

So, in Baby Girl's 9 month post, I forgot to mention a few things.  The little one has started to mimic, and she does it well.  If you clap, she claps.  If you blow raspberries, she blows raspberries.  If you throw your hands up in the air and say "So Big", she throws her hands up in the air.

She also says dog and duck.  Well, she says do and du whenever I say dog or duck.  It's very cute.  But she won't crawl.  Just won't do it.  She pushes herself backwards across the floor or rolls everywhere.  She also likes to stand.  A lot.  I swear one of these days she is just going to stand her little butt up and start walking all on her own.

She is also teething HARD right now.  Her top two front teeth are coming in.  I think one has cut already and I can see the bottom of the other one but it hasn't come through yet.  The first two teeth, nothing like this. 

First tooth - didn't even know she was getting one.  Second tooth - a little grouchy but nothing bad.  These teeth - horrible!  She has been going to bed late, waking up in the middle of the night screaming, only willing to sleep if she is laying on my chest, feverish and miserable.  I can't wait for these teeth to finally cut.

Her hair is a hot mess.  It's long and curly and all over the place.  I have to use some kind of bow clip every day just to keep the hair out of her eyes.  She doesn't usually sit still long enough for me to pull it up into a 'rain spout' as her Great Uncle likes to call it.  But man do I love that hair.

~

We are coming to the point where we may just need to give up on the 13 acre property we were looking to get.  The lady just isn't cooperating the way we need her to so we may be back to the drawing board on the house.  But we need move.  As soon as possible.

~

I don't think I'm going to get my husband to budge on the whole 'let's have another baby now' thing I've got going on.  That means that we are probably sticking to our original idea which was to start trying again in December.  It's only two months away so I guess I can suck it up and wait.

~

My husband asked me if I actually thought that we had a shot at winning the Gerber Baby contest I entered Baby Girl in on Facebook.  It had over 300,000 entries.  Hello?  Look at those cheeks!  Of course I think we have a shot!


My little squish face 
 
~
 
Fall is here.  That makes me happy.  I love Fall.  I love Fall decorations.  I am excited to take Baby Girl to as many Fall festivals as I possibly can.  We have never really gone to any Fall festivals and we've never been pumpkin picking or anything like that so I can't wait!
 
~
 
I think I'm going to make a movie bucket list.  I keep seeing previews for all of these movies that look like they might actually be funny or interesting but then I forget about them.  I'll make sure I put some movies on there that I have seen just so I can cross them off and make it look like I'm making an attempt.
 
I also need to get my Fall bucket list done.  I had created one for Summer but didn't cross too many items off the list so now they are getting bumped to Fall.  I have it started but I want to make it cute this time.  No I don't want to use the pre-made list I see floating around.  While that list is really nice, I want to make my own.
 
~
 
I was ridiculously sad to find out that Cyrus did not win So You Think You Can Dance this season.  I really thought he was just amazing and I thought that he deserved to win...hands down.  I was just as disappointed when Travis didn't win the second season and I actually stopped watching the show after Travis lost because I was just that pissed.  So then I devote myself to a whole nother season and my guy loses again.  So sad.
 
So now we have The Voice.  I had chosen Juliet to win from the beginning last season.  I love her voice.  And then she had to go and come in second.  So not cool.  But now we have a new season and I have my favorites already.  I have a top 3 and they are all women.  Two of them are on Adam's team and the one that I really like is on Blake's team.
 
 
She reminds me so much of Juliet Simms so I think that's one of the reasons I like her.  I can't get Juliet's video to load so click on her name to get to the video.  It's totally worth it.
 
I really love her indy-ish sound.  She's so different.
 
She has such a beautiful voice.  This gave me chills.
 
~
 
This is my 230th post.  Just Sayin.

~

I think that's it for my smorgasbord of thoughts.  I'm sure I'll be back soon with some more!

Comments

  1. I love this! I agree with you, your baby girl might actually just start walking without crawling! My friend's baby did that :) Hope you and your little family enjoy all those family fall activities! :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping she does. The doctor said we should probably count on it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!