Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary

They say that your wedding day is the happiest day of your life.  I agree.  I remember feeling very calm and happy all day.  I wasn't nervous or frantic like many brides can be.

I didn't freak out when half my flowers froze overnight and we were left with ugly, browned lilies.  My Mom and the DJ's wife had to pull the bouquets apart right before the ceremony and put them back together so we would have pretty flowers again.  Fortunately the unity candle piece did not freeze because that was my favorite set of flowers.

 

I didn't freak out when we realized that the limo that was supposed to comfortably hold the entire wedding party was actually really tight even with the 2 or 3 who decided to drive with their spouses.

I didn't freak even though the photographer was a bit of a douche bag (I can call a woman that right?) and got on my last nerve because she wasn't doing what I was asking her to do.  It was like 80 degrees outside, I had on a 20lb dress and my 4 inch ivory heels were digging into the grass!

I didn't freak out when the cake topper fell over and sortof smushed the top of our cake.  My Mom tried to get a washcloth and clean the cake topper and smooth out the top of the cake but it wasn't pretty.  I also didn't freak out when I saw the cake and thought, those flowers look orange, not red.  The photographer wasn't able to get a good picture before the cake topper fell but another friend who attended did. 


I didn't even get mad when they played The Electric Slide even though I told the DJ I didn't want any of that corny-ass music played at my wedding. 

With all of the tiny issue we had that day, the big picture stayed clear in my mind.  I was getting married!  I wish I could have bottled up all of that happiness and saved it for one of my less graceful days that I would have in the coming years but you know how that goes.

We've been up and down like crazy the past two years.  We were given the most beautiful gift we could have ever asked for when had our daughter last year and now not only do I have an awesome husband, but I have someone who is an amazing Father as well. 


 
No matter what happens, somehow we always figure it out.

Happy Anniversary


Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recap...only the bride's remeber the things that got to us that day! congrats on 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, the groom knows he has to show up. That's about it LOL

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I remember our wedding day was quite the adventure, too. Though, after 30 years, it gets a little fuzzy. I often wish I had journaled back then (that's kind of like blogging, only in a book for you youngsters).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey now...I used to have a journal. This is just easier now!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!