Skip to main content

33 Week Bumpdate




The heart rate was 156 and all is well.

I'm a little confused because my pregnancy app says that I was 33 weeks and 4 days but the doctor says I was 34 weeks and 1 day. I will take the latter since that means the little man could be here sooner!

I don't even want to talk about my weight. Even though the doctor says my weight is fine, every time I see the number on that scale go it up it kills me! I know this little guy is not done growing so I guess I need to get over it!

The backaches have been really bad this time around. The little man is so low he is just killing my back. He is also kicking or hitting my hip bones all of the time. The doctor says it's normal with a second child as is all the pressure he puts down there.

The heartburn has been ridiculously bad. I have been dealing with it with Tums but it is still bad. I hope that means a lot of hair!

Sleeping through the night is non-existent. I can't stay comfortable and usually have to get up to pee a few times. It also doesn't help that Baby Girl is going through some kind of sleep regression and has been waking up at odd hours. I usually just let her lay with me then and she falls back to sleep for a while but it's still so tiring.

I have still been craving sugar carrots and chocolate. I've also fallen in love with Auntie Ann's blue raspberry lemonade. This stuff is awesome! Dairy has been  bit of an issue for me lately so chocolate milk has not be a necessity anymore.

The doctor did tell me that I have a higher risk of preeclampsia since I had it the first time but that everything was looking good so far.  My swelling has been minimal, blood pressure has been good and there has been no protein in my urine.  Now this week my swelling has increased significantly so we will see what he says at my next appointment.

My next appointment isn't until next Thursday and that will be my first cervical check.  After that, I go back every week until this Little Man comes.  I'm wondering if he will talk about induction since my swelling has flared up but we will see.

My baby shower was this past weekend and it was great!  My Mom did a great job organizing and hosting.  I will have a separate post for that even though I didn't take a single picture of myself or of anyone who attended.  Oops.

Staying home has been OK.  Last week it was just me so I got a lot of cleaning and organizing done.  This week, Baby Girl is undoing all of that cleaning and organizing!  Oh well.  I do think I need to set some ground rules with my husband.  Me staying home does not mean that he gets to be messy! 

Our first day home was perfect.  She was an awesome kid and I felt like an awesome Mom.  Our second day home was not so great.  I kept dropping things and spilling things, the dogs were restless and were making big messes, Baby Girl was like a tornado everywhere she went. It was just an off day.  I know I'll have plenty of them!


I still don't think I look that big.  Next Bumpdate in two weeks!

Comments

  1. I am so excited for you! But I don't miss being pregnant at all, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse