Skip to main content

Weekend Recap

This is what my kid looked like when I picked her up last Wednesday from my Mom's house. Apparently she was playing in the sand and the mulch. The dress was completely ruined and she screamed her head off when I sprayed her down in the bath tub.

 
Thursday was a lazy day.  Baby Girl played with her water table for a while in the morning.  She wasn't too fond of getting wet at first but she was OK after a little while.  Being outside in the heat wore her out pretty quickly, though.  After another quick rinse off, she took a nice, long nap.
 
 
We also decided to venture out to Target Thursday night for a few things.  I decided the baby wanted pizza for dinner so we grabbed some frozen stuff and made it at home.  Too bad I burned the crap out of my arm getting it out of the oven.
 
 
Friday was another somewhat lazy day.  I spent the day cleaning while Baby Girl watched some movies.  I took a lot of breaks to play with her and just sit and watch the movies with her.  We took her to a carnival Friday night.  She wasn't too interested in the rides but she did eat some good food and played some games.  She won two little stuffed prizes so she was happy.  She also got to dance.  There was a band playing and the girl danced her little butt off!
 
 
Saturday we went to a picnic.  My Great Uncle's son graduated from high school so they had a graduation party for him.  I knew Baby Girl would have a blast.  She spent most of the day with my Mom, as always, and they played around the pool.  Just around it, not in it.  She's not a big fan of being in the pool for some reason.
 
 
We ended our weekend pretty casually.  Went to breakfast Sunday morning and then watched some movies again while Daddy worked for a bit.  We went grocery shopping Sunday night and Baby Girl was ecstatic to drive the race car cart.
 
 
I didn't blog at all over the weekend which kind of scares me.  I don't want to give up on my little piece of this blog world just because I'm at home with the kids from now on.  I love to read blogs and I love to write posts and respond to comments.  I'm afraid that I will really become a slacker with this once I am home but I'm hoping that I can keep up.
 
I hope you all had a great weekend!
 

Comments

  1. She is a complete mess in the first picture! Got to love a toddler's world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!!! Burns are the worst. I would rather cut my arm off then burn it. lol it looks like you guys had a great time. I remember last year when I was preggy. I started to feel a little guilty that my Little man wasn't going to have all the attention soon and we tried to do a lot of stuff with him. But being huge and preggy it wasn't easy. we had to take lots of breaks and I probably tried to push myself way too hard. But he's not an only child anymore and I think he loves it. So it was a win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend seemed to be the perfect mix of social and relaxation. Boo to your pizza oven burn. Burns are the ouchiest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um you are allowed to become a slacker! We all have our moments where we are 'on top' of our blog 'duties' and other times when we need a break.
    I love that first picture of her! You know she was having fun! We also watched a lot of movies this weekend. Hope your burn is doing better. I had a burn like that when I worked at Jimmy Johns, the oven door closed on my arm. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse