Skip to main content

Two Months

Doctor's Stats:
Weight: 12lbs 3.5oz (75th %)
Height:  23.5 inches (95th %)
Head:  15.75 (75th%)

Little Man got his first round of shots. It was not easy but he did very well! I tried to use the same trick we used with Baby Girl but it didn't work as well. I tried feeding him a bottle after each shot to distract him but he wasn't having it. He cried for only a minute though and was just fine after a few snuggles from Momma.

Big sister did worse! She got her flu shot and you would have thought she had a limb amputated! She cried hard. The only thing that calmed her down was the promise of a lollipop once we reached the front desk. Bad news....they were out of lollipops! What pediatric office runs out of lollipops? Talk about a Mom fail. It's ok, I gave her ice cream when we got home.

The basics?

Little Guy is still in size 1 diapers but they seem to be getting a bit tight already.  We might have to try out size 2 soon.  He is wearing size 0-3 month clothing depending on the brand.  He is a long boy so many of his outfits are stretching a bit.  He'll be in 6 month clothes in no time! 

We are still on a mixed diet of breast milk and formula.  I stopped all supplements and pumping and I just breast feed when I can.  I still enjoy my time with the little guy when I'm breast feeding but I know it will be over soon.  I don't think I feed him enough to really keep much of a supply for him.  I'm starting to be ok with this.  The more I realize I need to let it go, the better I feel so I'm sure by his next monthly post, he will be a formula baby. 

He still eats every 3 hours like clock work.   He usually eats around 4-5 ounces but sometimes he only wants 3 ounces and sometimes he wants 6 or 7.  Just depends on his appetite!  I usually only get about 2 hours of sleep between feedings.  From the time he wakes up, it takes 30-60 minutes to feed him and get him back to sleep so he really is only sleeping 2 hours at a time.  If he falls asleep as soon as he is done eating, then he might sleep 3 hours.  There have been one or two times when he slept 5 hours but that few and far between.

I am happy to say that he has been sleeping in his bassinet and I'm going to start him in his crib soon.  He is outgrowing the bassinet quickly so we don't have a choice.  He is still not nearly as comfortable in his bassinet as he is cuddled up with me but I'm hoping that gets better.

He has been staying awake for longer periods of time during the day but he seems to be shifted a few hours.  He likes to 'go to bed' late but then he still wakes up after 2-3 hours to eat.  He'll sleep most of the morning and then have more active awake periods in the afternoon and evening. 

There are some days when he is awake a ton, and some days when he is hardly awake at all.  There are some nights he falls asleep easily and some nights he wants to stay awake until 2am.  There are some days that he kicks and coos and laughs on his play mat for hours and some days he just wants to be held. 

He has no schedule and I'm not sure he is going to like one.  He doesn't really seem like a schedule kind of baby.  I really think I need to try, though.  If I can get him on a better schedule, especially during the day, he might sleep longer at night.

He has been much better with his baths.  He doesn't really seem to like them but he doesn't hate them either.  I do notice that he falls asleep faster on nights that I give him a bath.  I alternate bath nights between him and his sister because it's just easier.

He also has thrush.  The doctor noticed it at his appointment.  I felt kind of dumb because I didn't notice it but oh well.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  The doctor gave me Nystatin Oral Suspension, USP for this but one set of directions tells me that it needs rest in his cheeks and then he needs to spit it out and the other set of directions says that he can swallow it.  Not sure how I'm supposed to make a baby spit it out but whatever.  Any advice?

Pictures of my sweet Little Boy:








If you follow me on Instagram (vmiller0918) you may have seen some of these already.


 You are 2 months old now and you are just the sweetest little thing! You are cooing and smiling more and I love your little laugh!  You are always looking around and you focus on your sister a lot.  I love how you stare at us when we walk past you and I love the way you are always looking for your sister.  You two are going to be great buddies!

You really have great control of your head and neck.  Any time I am holding you, you are always holding your head up on your own.  You also roll onto your side a lot when you are laying on your play mat.  You haven't made it onto your belly yet but you will.  You still spend a lot of time in your bouncy chair and you are spending more time on your play mat.

 You still really like to cuddle and Mommy can't complain.  You are much happier snuggling with Mommy than with Daddy.  There are times when you are so upset and Daddy can't calm you down but as soon as you touch my arms, you calm down.  Of course Mommy loves this much more than Daddy!

My BEAUTIFUL 2 month old Little Guy:



Stay tuned for a comparison post.  I love to see where Baby Girl was at this point as compared to Little Man.  I also love to see comparison photos.  I also think I am going to enter both kids in the Gerber photo contest.  I entered Baby Girl last year.  More to come.

Comments

  1. Awwww! So glad you have settled into a routine that you are happy with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah - so many similarities with my little guy. Hope your guy starts sleeping in larger chunks. Here's to routines for BOTH our guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a healthy baby! With Mackenzie's shots they usually had two nurses and would give two shots at the same time. If it was a 3 shot day they did two and then one of them did the last one. She would SCREAM and usually hold her breath but her paci helped. Sometimes we did hang out in the room and have a bottle. Just a few more months and we get to start the shots all over again! Mackenzie only gets stickers at our office.
    Hope the crib transition goes well for you!
    Lastly, he's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!