Skip to main content

One Month

I wanted to get this posted last week but, well, I have a newborn and toddler and I don't sleep much or get much time to myself.  So here I am at 12:44am, everyone is asleep, including the dogs and instead of sleeping, I'm blogging.  Gotta get it done!

My little dude is already one month old.  It's been one whole month since we rushed to the hospital and met our 7lb 13 oz little guy.  And what a sweet little guy he is.

Doctor's Stats as of the last appointment at 2 weeks:
Weight: 8lbs 9oz (75th %)
Height:  22 inches (95th %)
Head:  14.75 (75th%)

The basics?

Little Guy is now in size 1 diapers because the newborns just seemed to tight.  He was also constantly peeing through his diapers and he hasn't peed through a size 1 yet.  He is wearing size 0-3 month clothing depending on the brand.  He is just so long that he can't fit into the newborn clothes anymore.  I measured him the other day and he is now 23.5 inches long.  He is always so hot, though, that he really only wears clothes when we go out.  He even sleeps in just a diaper.  If I put clothes on him, he sweats through them and I'm stripping him down in the middle of the night anyway!

We are still on a mixed diet of breast milk and formula.  I'm still trying to boost my supply so we'll see what happens.  I keep saying one more week but then I just can't seem to give it up.  I'm devastated that I have been unable to boost my supply.  I have been doing everything I possibly can and it's just not working.  I already told my husband to be prepared for the waterworks when I finally make the decision to stop if I have to.

Kid sleeps a lot but not when I want him to!  He wakes every three hours pretty much on the dot.  He does have some 3.5 to 4 hour stretches but they are usually during the day.  We do have some 4 hour stretches at night and I am thankful for them when they come.  We had one really bad night when he was awake ALL NIGHT.  I am just thankful it was a weekend and my husband was able to take him in the morning so I could get a little sleep.

He is not very comfortable in his crib.  I don't know why but he is always so restless and he hates being swaddled.  He usually sleeps in his crib after his 11pm feeding and until his next feeding and then I let him sleep in bed with me.  I know it's not a good habit and it's something I'm not a big fan of but I need sleep so it is what it is.  He always sleeps so much more peacefully when he is cuddled up to me and I can't say I don't enjoy the cuddle time.

I know that at some point I will have to break him of sleeping in the bed with me but hopefully he is too young to realize it.  I might try using the bassinet and see if that helps.  I don't know if he just doesn't like all of the space in the crib or what it is.  Maybe the smaller space in the bassinet will help him feel more confined.  We'll see.

His umbilical cord finally fell off last week so we have been starting tummy time.  He doesn't seem to be bothered by it but he really just lays there and then falls asleep!  He will lay on his play mat for maybe 30 minutes until he starts getting restless.  He stays awake for one to two hours at a time and then usually sleeps for one to two hours. 

He generally only cries when he is hungry or needs a diaper change.  He is now starting to cry when he gets tired and wants to sleep but I usually just hold him for a few minutes and he falls asleep easily. 

He's not a big fan of baths so far.  He cries for them most times.  I still only give him sponge baths because even though his umbilical cord fell off, his belly button isn't quite healed.  It looks like he is going to have an outie!

I haven't started trying to put him on a schedule yet.  I will probably start soon.  I really just feed him on demand while I try to get my supply up but I do try to keep him awake more in the evenings in hopes that he will sleep more at night.  He usually wakes up around 11 for a feeding but then wants to stay awake until his next feeding at 2am.  It's killing me!

He certainly is giving me a run for my money.  I couldn't be happier to have this little guy but what a difference it is having two kids over one!  It's hard to keep up with both of them and there have been many tears from all of us but I'll save that for another post. 

Pictures of my sweet Little Boy:




 
If you follow me on Instagram (vmiller0918) you may have seen some of these already.

 
 You are 4 weeks old now and you are just the sweetest little thing! Every once in a while I hear the cutest little coo come out of you and I melt!  Your little arms and legs are always moving and you are always looking around.  Like your sister, lights fascinate you.  You don't seem to have the same interest in the TV as your sister did at your age but you do like the kitchen light for some reason.  Your sister was the same!
 
You lift your head really well and would much rather but upright and looking around than anything else.  You spend a lot of time in your bouncy chair and you are always watching the little animals on it move.  You like the waterfall light on it too.
 
I have been seeing more and more smiles from you and that makes me smile.  You seem to really like to snuggle and cuddle and Mommy loves that too!  You have been the perfect addition to our little family and we are so happy to have you!
 
My BEAUTIFUL 1 month old Little Guy:
 
 

Comments

  1. Oh the sweetness! He looks a lot like you in the last picture. He is just so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I admire you and your persistence to breast feed!
    Maybe try the rock n play....Mackenzie slept amazingly after we bought one when she was about 3 months old. We did have trouble transitioning her to her crib at 6 months, but we just rolled blankets and placed them by her side to help her feel confined. (that's probably a no no but oh well!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update. I'm jealous that his isn't a big cryer. Alex cries all the time. (Just like his sister). Once you start him on a schedule, you'll have to blog about it. I'd love to see what works for him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!