Skip to main content

Ashlyn 2.5

Let's ignore the fact that I haven't blogged in like three weeks and get right to it.
 
Ashlyn had her 2.5 year checkup back in June and since I haven't posted an update on her since her 2 year check up, I figured it was time.

Doctor's Stats:
Weight:  30lbs (75th %)
Height:  37.5 inches (85th %)
Head: 20 inches (97th % - still on the charts!)

The basics?

Diapers - zero diapers
Clothing - 3T or 4T tops and 2T or 3T bottoms
Food - mac and cheese, broccoli, carrots, grilled cheese, fruit
Sleeping - Sleeping 9-11 hours each night
Daycare - NO MORE!
Teeth - All but her last two molars which seem like they have been cutting forever
Words - She speaks in complete sentences
Favorite cartoons - Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Rescue Bots, My Little Pony
Favorite toy - Her kitchen, klip klop princess castle, Little People farm, artist easel

Let me tell you about this sassy little 2 1/2 year old.

She's the most social two year old I know.  She talks to everyone.  She hugs everyone.  She kisses everyone.  She'd go home with anyone.  It's actually quite scary how outgoing she is.  She makes friends where ever she goes and she's always putting on a show.

I've never heard a two year old speak the way that she does.  Not only does she speak clearly and in complete sentences, she's got the attitude to boot.  "I told you" is one of her most used lines.  "I told you I wanted some grapes."  Um, excuse me child?  But I told you to ask nicely.

While she may have a sassy little attitude, she's also the sweetest little thing.  She gives THE BEST hugs and kisses.  And let me tell you, when she randomly stops what she's doing and tells me she loves me for no reason other than to tell me, I melt.  We are in so much trouble with this girl.

We moved Ashlyn to a big girl bed when we moved into our new home in February.  She likes her big girl bed but the problem is that if she wakes in the middle of the night, she comes into our room and stands by the side of the bed until I pick her up and lay her in bed with me.  It has become a very bad habit but I know she won't do it forever so I don't really fight with her on it.  She doesn't do it every night.  Maybe every other.

She also doesn't want to go to sleep in her big girl bed.  She wants to lay in my bed with me or with Daddy until she falls asleep and then we have to move her.  Again, another bad habit but not something I'm really willing to fight with her on.  I just don't think it's that big of a deal and I know she'll grow out of it eventually.

The poor kid has had her last set of molars coming in for months.  They are broken they just don't seem to want to come all of the way down.  She's always got her fingers in her mouth but I guess that's better than a pacifier.

I'm happy to announce that she is 100% fully potty trained, even at night.  The kid's a rock star.  I had such a hard time with it at first but then I just let her go for a few weeks and one day she said she didn't want a diaper on anymore.  That was it.  She's done so well with it.  Her 2.5 year checkup was the first time we were out of the house with no diaper and we've never looked back.  She did get a bladder infection shortly after her appointment but we got that all cleared up.

She is such a good big sister.  I can't even tell you how sweet she can be to her brother.  She plays with him a lot and she always gives him hugs when he's not happy.  Don't get me wrong, she gets annoyed by him too.  I hear her yelling at him and telling him no a lot but she really does a great job with him.

She's becoming such an amazing little girl.  I can't believe how big she is already.  I am always telling my husband that we have the most beautiful little girl in the world and that we are in so much trouble with her!

Pictures of my sweet Baby Girl:


 






 


Baby Girl, I dont' really know how to tell you how special you are.  Daddy and I tell you every single day how beautiful and smart you are and how much we love you.  I hope you truly know how much you are loved by us and everyone who meets you.

You have such a way with people.  It's so beautiful to watch a room full of people react to you.  You just smile and laugh and your happy little attitude is so contagious!  Those big, blue eyes just pull at people's hearts.

And your curls.  Listen here, girly.  That head of hair you have is amazing so don't every think for one second it isn't.  You have the most beautiful curls I have ever seen.  I can't believe how long your hair is but I am thankful that you got a nice head of hair just like Mommy.

Your brother loves you like nothing I've ever seen before.  And you are such a good big sister.  I think you like that he can play with you now, even though you get annoyed when he tries to take your toys.  You've learned to share (when you want to) and love to play peek-a-boo with him.

You love to comfort him, too.  Whenever he cries, you want to know why and you're right there to offer a hug or to tell him it's ok.  You two are going to be the best of friends.

You still love to sing and dance.  You've been obsessed with Frozen so you sing those songs quite well.  Some of your other favorites include 'Happy', 'Chandalier' and the theme to Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  We love to hear you sing!

I can't even begin to tell you how lucky I feel to be able to call you my daughter.  I know that you are going to do great things in your life.  Imagining that makes me cry, though, because I don't want you to grow up.  I want to keep you little forever.

My BEAUTIFUL 2.5 year old Baby Girl:

 

Comments

  1. I love how outgoing AJ is. But the fact that he will go up to and start talking to anyone scares the crap out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is SO adorable but that sass kills me! "I told you..." HAHAH! I also get nervous with Dylan's sociable ways. The other day he approached a strange man and offered him a goldfish. I'm like- who the hell is that kid?! Plus I was a little jealous because he doesn't like to share food. So what the hell...I cracked up when I read that she stands at the foot of your bed because I remember talking to you about that a while back and how scary it was to wake up to but lol it's cute too. I'd let her walk all over me I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does she still fall asleep in weird places? Haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!