Skip to main content

Eleven Months

The basics?

Diapers - Size 3 or 4 but using cloth more and more
Clothing - 12-18 month
Food - Everything and anything!  Eating more regular foods every day.
Sleeping - Through the night!
Teeth - Ten chompers with two more coming
Words - ba ba, da da, ma ma
Favorite toy - Activity cube, anything he's not supposed to play with


Not much has changed with this little guy.  He's still wearing 12-18 month clothing.  He's still wearing size 4 diapers, although I did have to drop him to size 3 for a while because he was losing some weight.  He was having terrible diarrhea so I took away all adult foods for a while to see what his problem was.

We still aren't sure what is going on with him.  I stopped all dairy because I thought that was the problem but that's not it.  I'm thinking now that it's either just teething or the spices I'm cooking with are causing him problems.  He's definitely gaining weight again and is back in size 4 diapers when I use them but I mostly cloth diaper now. 

He generally sleeps 10-12 hours over night.  He wakes occasionally and cries but usually goes right back to sleep.  I think this is because of his molars.  He usually only naps once per day now.  It's generally a 2-3 hour nap in the middle of the day.

He's so close to walking!  He cruises non-stop, climbs on everything and has stood on his own a few times.  I said he'd be walking mid to end of August so we'll see.  I know he desperately wants to keep up with his sister so who knows!

He's going through a bit of separation anxiety right now.  He doesn't like to not see me.  If I go down into the basement to do laundry and close the door behind me, he literally sits at the door and cries until I come back.  You can't walk past him and not pick him up because that will just piss him off and cause a crying fit.

He throws tantrums like nothing I've ever seen before.  He does not like the word NO.  He wants to do what he wants to do.  Period.  He usually gets over himself pretty quickly but he certainly can tantrum with the best of them.

He is constantly saying da da and ma ma now.  I'm pretty sure he says ba ba and then waves as if to say bye bye but I'm not sure about that one.  He does open and close his hands to wave now.  He has said Ashlyn one or two times and he said Boom the other night.  I'm pretty sure he said Hi to his daddy as well.
 
Pictures of my sweet Little Boy:







 


 

 Little Dude, you are just so sweet!  You love to cuddle and Mommy just soaks it up!  You give serious hugs and you've even started given kisses.  They are usually open mouth kisses with a little tongue involved but they are still cute.

You are so much more curious than your sister ever was.  I LOVE to watch you explore and can't help but laugh at you most days.  You just want to see everything!

You love your sister.  Fiercely.  You look at her with such admiration.  You try so hard to keep up with her and I know you will be able to soon.  She is so sweet to you on most days and I really think the two of you are going to be the best of friends.
 
One more month until you turn a year old and that makes Mommy cry.  I can't believe you are already going to be a year old.  I'm not ready for toddler status yet!
 
My BEAUTIFUL 11 month old Little Guy:
 

Comments

  1. Aw I think it might be teething too. I SERIOUSLY cant believe he's going to be one in a month. I feel like he was just a newborn. UGH! They grow too fast and lol at his distaste for "no." Sounds like a Dylan! I love his happy disposition and teething champion nature. He is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!