Skip to main content

Frozen Party

I recently took Ashlyn to a Frozen party that a (somewhat) local salon was hosting.  By somewhat I mean about an hour away from where we live.  It's a salon that caters to kids only.  They do cute little pamper packages for kids and host birthday parties.

They are cashing in on the Frozen obsession because they host these two hour Frozen parties for little girls of all ages.  My friend Monika and I took our girls because, well, they love Frozen.  And because we wanted to see them get their hair, makeup and nails done.  These girls don't sit still for us to do these things, why on earth would they sit still for someone else?

There were a TON of little girls of all ages in this salon.  The place was packed.  Almost all of the girls were dressed in some kind of Frozen ensemble.  Ashlyn and Maya had matching Frozen tshirts.  Of course there were also a ton of Moms trying to take pictures of every second of this adventure.  These women were nuts.  We wanted pictures too but we tried to stay out of the way to take them.  Some of these moms were just pushing people out of their way.


The salon was pretty smart about it.  They had broken the girls up into different groups by the color of their name tag.  We were the Olaf group and we had orange name tags.  Each group did a different activity.  Our first activity was makeup and nails.


They put the tiniest amount of eye shadow on their eyes.  It was barely enough to even see, really, which was fine with us.  They also put a little blush on their cheeks and added a glitter star to one cheek.  Ashlyn picked out purple glitter nail polish which you could barely see but whatever.


After the nails and makeup, the girls got to go on a limo ride.  This salon has its own limo.  Apparently this limo is available to rent and will take girls to all different places.  We were able to go in the limo with the girls and so we got a few pictures.


After the limo ride, our girls got their hair done.  Ashlyn was lucky enough to have her hair done by Elsa herself, but it was falling out by the time we left.  It was still cute.  They all had up dos with braids and lots of glitter.  I don't think there was enough glitter.


 

After the hair, the girls each took turns having their picture taken with a cardboard Elsa and Anna.  They got to keep the picture as a souvenir.  Then the girls were sent to a room to play bingo and color.  This was a nice chill time for everyone.


After bingo, the girls were sent out onto a little runway the salon had.  Each girl had their turn to walk the runway and be announced.  It was really cute.  And afterwards, they all got up on the runway and danced to Frozen music. 


After the runway, the girls went back to the little room to have some pizza.  Ashlyn doesn't like pizza so she just drank the juice.  She was about at her limit at this point and was becoming increasingly grouchy.  She held on for one final runway song and she sang her little heart out!


After it was over, I took her out to the salon's gift shop and bought her a My Little Pony for doing such a good job.  She really held it together the entire time and she had such a great time.

The whole thing only cost $35.  I couldn't believe how much they did for $35.  It was a long drive for us but it was totally worth it.  Ashlyn is still talking about it weeks later. 


Have any of you taken your kids to any Frozen parties?

Comments

  1. I wish I knew you were here! My house is right around the corner!!! When Lily was little she went to a ton of parties there, such a great idea!
    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE, this is cuteness overload! We have these types of places in a lot of our malls out here and the little girls love it. At first I was like “ew no, why would you put makeup on a little kid?” but then you see how much fun they have getting dolled up and essentially spoiled by the staff…they light up! Your little girl is as cute as it gets with or without all the glitz. And she doesn’t like pizza? SHE IS MY DREAM DAUGHTER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this party idea! Wish we had stuff like that here. We probably do, I just haven't found it. :o)
    We are thinking of dressing the kids up as Anna and Olaf for Halloween. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!