Skip to main content

Bryan's First Birthday!

Well I have a one year old.  I can't believe that my sweet little boy is already a year old.  We just had his one year check up so I'll post more on that later.  How about some details about his first birthday party?!

Let me start off by saying that the whole birthday was based off a personalized banner that I won in an IG auction.  Handmade by Fanya was so awesome!  She made me this awesome mustache birthday banner and matching cupcake picks.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.  Even the invitations were based off of the banner!


The red balloon was added for two reasons.  1. In honor of #redballoonsforryan 2. I had all of these envelopes with red foil left over from our wedding four years ago and instead of buying new ones, I figured why not use them for the party!


I didn't do anything crazy with decorations.  I bought these little mustache spirals and hung them outside.  I got some mustache confetti and put it on the tables.  I had mustache tablecloths for the food and gift tables.  I got mustache cups and napkins and had some first birthday balloons.  I kept it simple so it was easy to set up and easy to clean up!


One thing I did go all out on was his picture banner.  I took four photos per month and hung them to show how much he's grown over the past year.  I LOVE the way the banner turned out so much that it's still hanging in our living room!  It's going to be moved to Bryan's bedroom but I just can't stop looking at it!  I'm actually planning to go back through and do one for Ashlyn now too. 

 
 
I had special tshirts made for the big day.  I really loved how these shirts came out.  I got them from River Imprints on Etsy.  They were easy to order and priced well.  I just love that Ashlyn and Bryan got to have matching tshirts!


The goody bags for the kids consisted of a 'mustache you a question' pencil, a fuzzy blue mustache, two mustache gummies, a mustache whistle, four mustache stickers, a funny face with a mustache and a personalized lollipop.  All of the goodies were in a clear bag with mustaches, tied with ribbon to match the colors of the party.


Since we knew it was going to be hot, we did cold foods like macaroni salad, veggie and fruit trays, a meat and cheese tray, cold cuts on rolls, deviled eggs and chips and pretzels.  We had the food set up outside along with a tent so that people could sit and eat.

 
 
 
And of course there were cupcakes!
 
 
I also had rice cripsie treats as thank you treats.  They were drizzled with blue chocolate and blue sprinkles and had a little sticker that said Thank you for coming to my first birthday party. 

 
And then there was the smash cake.  The smash cake caused a bit of an issue because the first one we had was ruined.  My friend who made the cupcakes tried to make the smash cake as well but it just crumbled so she went out and got this adorable white cake and added the mustache to it.  It was perfect!

 
And Bryan didn't seem to mind!



 

After the cake, we gave him a quick bath and tried to get him to open some presents but he wasn't that into it.  He'd open one and want to play with it right away.  Typical one year old! 


You can see one of his mustache diapers here!
 
And this was his other mustache diaper.

All in all I think the party was great!  We had around 70 people come to help us celebrate this little guy and we couldn't be more thankful for a single one of them.  He had such a great time and I know Ashlyn did because she got to play with so many kids!

I got these awesome thank you cards printed at Vistaprint.  I have all them written out and addressed I just need to get stamps.  Hopefully that won't take me as long as it did for me to post this!
front
 
back

Stay tuned for Bryan's one year check up post!

Comments

  1. I am in love with your rice Krispy treat thank you! That's an incredible idea! The pictures are fab and you'll have to get that project done for your daughter- it's too good. And seventy people?!?!?!? Whoa! That's a real deal party! It turned out fantastic and beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse